• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNbow

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Didn't turn out the way I wanted it to but still uploading it, I should start working on more crispy icons

Keywords:
crossbow
Contents

BTNbow (Icon)

Reviews
19:23, 12th Dec 2013 Kimbo: Hi Hadeis, can you please make the glow less erratic and smudgy? Make it more like a glow, in where it is smooth and cleaner, and aswell add some more shading to the crossbow. Atm it is abit too messy, the composition and...

M

19:23, 12th Dec 2013
Kimbo: Hi Hadeis, can you please make the glow less erratic and smudgy? Make it more like a glow, in where it is smooth and cleaner, and aswell add some more shading to the crossbow. Atm it is abit too messy, the composition and perspective is there, it just needs some improvement. I will give you about a week to update it.

Level 30
Try to practice more with shadows, light sources, and mostly, with textures.

Even if it's a white crossbow, it still needs wood grains or metal reflections. Even plastic, bones, silk and wool reflect light, each in it's own unique way.
Having a textureless weapon and dramatic shading with no highlights will result in deforming shape and quite unrealistic/cartoonish effects, which both fit in Warcraft universe.

Left half of the string is missing, and the whole icon lacks any eyecandies and details - fairly monotone and plain. The effect on the background is plain as well, having no color variations, and (again) shadows/lights.