1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice

BTNBoneArmorA

Submitted by Crabby_Spider
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The first of 6 icons I've done for the project Erebus that Boris_Spider and I are working on.
This is my first post so I put up every button made. Not sure if all are useable. I'll let you decide.
The project is based almost entirely on skeleton units so I created images of what hopefully appear to be actual bones. In this case, scapula, clavicles and a sacrum. It took me about 20 hours in PaintShop Pro to make these. The hand was the hardest.
Icons with the bright purple are action icons. This first one is going to represent an Armor Type, so it just has a simple dark glow behind it.

Update: 1/24/10 Since I'm removing the highlights from the Command Buttons, and this is intended as an Armor Type, I just modified the bg a little more. I know it's a lot like the Stop Button, but these are part of a themed group.

Update: 1/26/10 Clarified the bone edges and improved contrast as requested. The STOP button is updated as well, but I'll have to get the other two done tomorrow. Added the Upgrade Button back in the group.
Update: 1/27/10 Added the ATT button.
Update: 2/5/10 Added Erebus to the keywords. This is the last update.

Keywords:
Erebus, Armor, bone, purple, upgrade.
Contents

BTNBoneArmorA (Icon)

Reviews
01:48, 24th Jan 2010 enjoy: Sorry, but I have not seen proper proof, and to me, they look suspecious. 26 jan 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Needs more definition of the bone pieces. This goes for the two pelvic bone icon, the hand icon and the patrol icon....
  1. 01:48, 24th Jan 2010
    enjoy: Sorry, but I have not seen proper proof, and to me, they look suspecious.

26 jan 2010
    Pyramidhe@d: Needs more definition of the bone pieces. This goes for the two pelvic bone icon, the hand icon and the patrol icon.

9 Feb 2010
    Pyramidhe@d: Approvable

2. bAsToIsE

bAsToIsE

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    great icon! matches all of the other ones and looks great! 5/5

3. Crabby_Spider

Crabby_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thanks! The positive feedback is encouraging. They needed improvement though and this is the progression based on other users and Pyra's suggestions...

[​IMG] ---> [​IMG] ---> [​IMG]

4. bAsToIsE

bAsToIsE

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    another thing i noticed, the positioning of the actual bones is a bit to close to the top, move it down a bit to make it more centered.

5. Mainywc3sear

Mainywc3sear

Resources:
    Resources:
    same icon of bonestop only smudge the background

6. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks great.

7. koler

koler

Resources:
    Resources:
    I give you a 10 out of 7! its completely awesome!! it matches all the other icons great, and except that its the about the same as Bonestop
    its oe of the best i have seen!!!!

P.S: i am to lazy to comment all of the other bones so this counts as them...

P.P.S: +Rep

8. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It looks like a bra! Nah, just kidding, it looks great though!