1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice

BTNbackstab6

Submitted by Discipline
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is an icon I created for a request on thehelper.net

It's completely freehand, drawn with a mouse using the image editing software GIMP.

After trialing the icon ingame I was not happy with how much detail it lost so I have enhanced the contrast to preserve a better shape. I have also added a background due to a hive member's suggestion.

Here is the original icon, intermediate background and a higher quality version of the current (final) icon -

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Keywords:
stab, back, backstab, execute
Contents

BTNbackstab6 (Icon)

Reviews
17:50, 3rd Oct 2008 Dan van Ohllus: Very nice icon you have there.
  1. 17:50, 3rd Oct 2008
    Dan van Ohllus:
    Very nice icon you have there.

2. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Damn it lost a little quality when I converted it to blp. Still useable tho... here's the original anyhow

[​IMG]

3. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    its more of like a, Finish him, icon.

4. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It looks good, but you should add some background, looks kinda... empty with that black background.

At least put some glow as a background :/

5. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yeah it wasn't so much a backstab icon as it was an icon of a guy with a sword in his back (as was requested)... but seriously if someone backstabbed you in rl with a sword, well I think you would kind of end up like this guy anyhow.

I tried adding a background but because the image has such tiny detail the background really detracts from it. When the icon is used ingame warcraft blurs it quite a bit (atleast on my pc). Here's the version with a background, it looks ok in this format but ingame it's just too much. I even altered the contrast on this one but ingame it still comes up smudgey :(

[​IMG]

I'm going to have to learn to simplify the detail in icons for the sake of ingame appearance, as well as create better colour contrast

6. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    That's better, now update it... thanks!

7. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Even that much black between the guy and the "red effect" makes it look defined and overall lacking in quality. It may be in your interests to fix that.

8. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    yeah I see what you are saying... I kept it dark around the edges because -

a) that was the style I was going for and
    b) my icons tend to be too high detail for war3 and once ingame blur up, so defined edges help keep that under control

.... but I took onboard what you said (the black edges got uglier the more I looked at it) and I tightened up the whole icon

9. Midnight Wolf

Midnight Wolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks kinda dramatic, but its good! And maybe you should make a PAS button also, as backstab is somethimes used as a passive skill.