• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

BTN.Fusion

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Iconpack downloaded from http://www.wc3sear.ch/
Contents

BTN.Fusion (Icon)

Level 8
Ok, I´ll show you how to do it ...
Here is one of my earlier Icons:

BTN.CircleOfLightning.jpg

This is similiar with this Icon "Fusion"

• 1.Open a new document
    Make a new layer. Fill with Black

2.Apply two Lens Flares (Filter-Render-Lens Flares). First 50-300mm Zoom.

3.Second 105mm Prime.

4.Go to Image-Adjustsments-Brightness/Contrast. Brightness=80.

5.Go to Filter-Distort-Twirl. Angle=800.

6.Go to Filter-Artistic-Plastic Wrap.
    -Highlight Strengh [20]
    -Detail [12]
    -Smoothness[9]

7. Now go to Filter-Distort-Polar Coordinates. Polar to Rectangular. After that go to Image-Adjustments-Hue/Saturation. Edit the Color the way you like.( I used cyan)
Cause my English isn´t very well, I hope you can understand it ...
If you want a Tutorial in the Icon-Section,then I would spend more time, maybe with pictures to show you how to make these versions of Icons ...

OgeRfaCes

Level 11
So you actually used lens flares... well, simple filters indeed. But I would suggest you do not post multiple icons which look quite the same. No offense, but this one doesn't really look as good as the first one did. Maybe because the twirl so far too obvious. I am not going to erase it because it doesn't really break out any major rules, but I find it too abstract.

~Daelin