• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Bonusdamage while ambush(GUI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello dudes, and im confused again with a simple trigger. But i dont find the mistake.

My goal is increased damage for the time, thats one unit use ambush.

• Shadowblade On
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the effect of a ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) even Ambush(Instantly)
      • (Level of Shadowblade (Icon) for (Casting unit)) bigger even 1
    • Aktionen
      • Unit - Add Shadowblade (Activated) to (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Add Shadowblade Damage to (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Remove Shadowblade (Icon) from (Casting unit)
I dont know if the other trigger work, becouz this trigger doesnt work. I dont know what is wrong.

But here its the second trigger for get off the effect.
-Deleted becouz confusing-

Last edited:
Level 4
Some questions.
1. When you use the ability, does anything happen at all?
2. Are all spells hero abilities? Because in my experience adding or removing hero abilities ussually cause some problems.
3. Can you explain clearly what is supposed to happen when you use the ability? (My guess is that you activate the ability and gain a passive which increases your damage. Am I right?)

Level 7
1. First trigger doesnt work. Nothing happen. Its something with this condition
  • (Ability being cast) even Ambush(Instantly)
2.Its normal abilitys. No heroes or items.

3. You are true. One added ability is for the icon and a buffshowing. The second( Shadowblade Damage) is for the effect(+60 extradamage)

Level 22
first of all translate that language into an english
1. don't use begin casting an ability, use start the effect of an ability instead
2. don't use casting unit, use triggering unit instead
[highlight]Note: we can't help you with unclear triggers like that (i am referring to that language because i don't understand it at all)[/code]

Level 7
1. don't use begin casting an ability, use start the effect of an ability instead

My fail in translating. Its fixed in first post.

2. don't use casting unit, use triggering unit instead

Its not the problem
And fix it of course in my trigger... but it DOESN´T HELP!!!

Note: we can't help you with unclear triggers like that (i am referring to that language because i don't understand it at all)

Just tell me when i translate something wrong

Edit: BTW, you know what ambush is? Is this the correct name of the ability, which all nightelveswomen have(Hide in the night)?

Level 4
Rheiko is right.
  • Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to The spell activated
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add The first spell to add to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add The second spell to add to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove The spell to remove from (Triggering unit)
Unless you have been messing with the levels of the abilities the condition for the icon being level 1 shouldn't be required.

Level 7
Unless you have been messing with the levels of the abilities the condition for the icon being level 1 shouldn't be required.

The spell "Ambush" have more units. But a special unit should get this effect, when using it. Of course I can try this with a specific "Ambush" and dont use the integercondition.

i know it's not the problem and it doesn't fix your problem but it helps you making your spell MUI (you can cast your spell with multiple units)

Ahh ok, i understand this. Sorry for my scream. I was wondered till now, why "TriggeringUnit" always better then "CastingUnit".

what's the first action for?

One added ability(The first Action) is for the icon and a buffshowing(Aura). The second( Shadowblade Damage) is for the effect(+60 extradamage)

why you remove the ability at the third action?
Its just a Icon in the commandfield. It will change with "Shadowblade (Activated)" after the action-prozess

Level 4
The spell "Ambush" have more units. But a special unit should get this effect, when using it. Of course I can try this with a specific "Ambush" and dont use the integercondition.

What do you mean? Unless you mean that it has different multiple levels your second condition doesn't do anything.

Or do you mean that when one unit use this another different unit will get the damage bonus?

Level 7
OK dudes, i have find a way to fix my problem. Just with a indirect spell.

• Shadowblade On
    • Ereignisse
      • Unit - A unit start the effect of a ability
    • Bedingungen
      • (Ability being cast) equal Ambush (Assasin)
    • Aktionen
      • Unit - Remove Ambush (Assasin) from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Ambush (Instantly) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Nightelvenwatch - 'Hide'
      • Unit - Add Shadowblade (Activated) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Shadowblade Damage to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Shadowblade (Icon) from (Triggering unit)
I think the ability "Ambush" is not effective in the event "A unit start the effect of a ability"

Answer to jolelele:
What do you mean? Unless you mean that it has different multiple levels your second condition doesn't do anything.
"Ambush" has not more levels. But the casting unit had a other ability "Shadowblade"; and this is the point. But now its really useless becouz the indirect ability.

Edit: Anyone know the english hotkey and discription of the spell "Ambush"? xD

Level 5
I assume that when you say "ambush" you mean shadowmeld/hide (the Night Elf ability).

Hotkey: H

Description: Stops the unit from auto-acquiring enemies, allowing it to Shadowmeld and remain unseen at night.

Level 7
I assume that when you say "ambush" you mean shadowmeld/hide (the Night Elf ability).

Damn it, just "hide"? I look at the spell and look to the commandname. Here was "ambush" written. Becouz that I think in the original game the name was "ambush".

^that might be the issue, I recommend use Transparency Modifying and restore the original Transparency as soon as the spell ends,

What did you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.