1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BombCraft v1.0c

Submitted by jnZ
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
jnZane presents

BombCraft
Created by jnZane

Map Info:

BombCraft is a clone of the classib Bomberman games within Warcraft III.

Features:

• 5 different arenas with different environments
  • 9 unique bombs and abilities
  • shopping system
  • customizable gameplay experience

Screenshots:

Arenas
Lordaeron

[​IMG]

Blackrock

[​IMG]

Northrend

[​IMG]

Durotar

[​IMG]

Stranglethorn

[​IMG]

Credits:

• Lordaeron Block model by BlackSebastian
  • Winged Clock Icon by Golden-Drake
  • Bomb model by Splatt
  • powerup models by gameslayer001

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
bomb, man, bomberman, arcade, minigame, fun, explosion, retro
Contents

BombCraft v1.0c (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [IMG] Date: 2012/May/16 20:10:09 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor,...
  1. KuWe

KuWe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice map. I like the different arena styles. Maybe add AI and arrow-key movement system?

2. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    finally bomberman

3. jnZ

jnZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    actually I think there are quiet a few bomberman maps.
    but I like mine the best :)

About the keyboard movement: implementing that shouldn't be much of a problem but technically it's intended to move with the mouse. you need your hand on the mouse anyway if you want to trigger triggermines.
    but it may be a nice addition

About AI: I don't think I'm capable of doing this. I thought about it but there are many problems I wouldn't know how to solve

4. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you know what your game needs to be directors cut? , epic 8 bit music :D
    ---------
    nevermind i had music set to off , awesome map.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. jnZ

jnZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wtb moderator rating/approval. last time i uploaded this it suddenly disappeared without notice :/

6. KuWe

KuWe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There doesn't seem to be too many map moderators around. I've been waiting for my map to get approved for over a week now.

7. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    already told mod in chat

8. jnZ

jnZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Darklycan51: thanks for you effort. I hope you didn't go out of your way just to do this >.<

9. Mech_Warrior

Mech_Warrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, nice map! A few comments, though, and things that I think would improve it.

First of all, when I first got into the map, I was immediately thrown into a 30 second timer to buy items and choose a map. I was a little bit confused about the lack of game modes... I wanted a Teamed (2v2) mode, and some other customizing features. Not to mention that there isn't even a visible timer for the 30 second choosing period. In addition, for buying items/changing my character type, the shops have default (short) range, which was annoying, because it didn't let me buy items from my start position, which was a little confusing at first.

As for the game-play itself... it's well done, overall, but I have some things that I would like to see changed or done differently. First, when I got into the arena, I was overwhelmed by having 8 or so different abilities that I could use. I had to read the tooltips on each of them, by which time the match was already under way, and then I realized that I couldn't actually use any of them except the default Bomb. Later, I realized I had to purchase the other abilities, so I purchased Throw Bomb... which was fine until it didn't actually throw bombs (it kind of laid them down on the ground in front of me, which I don't think qualifies as throwing a bomb, a la Bomberman). I gave up on custom abilities at that point, and decided to just mass other random power-ups, and use the default Bomb ability.

The arenas are pretty nice, and they look good.. but they're all essentially the same thing with twists. I think it would be cool to expand on the theme, and make some Bomberman 64-ish Battle Mode screens, with various other elements. The possibilities are endless! Why limit yourself to the standard Bomberman arena, but with different element types? Also, there were just too many damned obstacles. It took a decent chunk of the time allotted for each battle just to get to my opponents, which was quite annoying. The Sudden Death things at the end of the timer were fun, and well done. It would be nice to have an Info section in the F9 area (for us that actually read the damn things) that explains about the different abilities, how to actually make them function, and what they do, etcetc.

The visuals of the map were quite appealing. I especially loved the power-up model files! Those were awesome. And it was a fun map to play, although it was limited by the aforementioned drawbacks. Overall, I'd say there's a lot of room for improvement, but it's definitely a good start.

Also, random question, were there supposed to be five player slots? I didn't manage to get four other players to test with me, but where exactly would the fifth player spawn in these maps? Anyway, good map!

10. CafeSaiGon

CafeSaiGon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Download v1.0c and test

Can use Q (bomb)
    All other skill can't use, Error: Not availabel

11. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    minecraft?:D lol jk xD
    this game is quite fun but i got bored really fast=/ 4/5 :thumbs_up:

12. jnZ

jnZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks for your lenghty opinion on my map mech warrior. i gave you some rep at least. if i have some time on my hand i might update this map with the additions you mentioned but since this kind of map doesn't seem to appeal to a wide audiene at all it kinda feels like a waste of time.