• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BNTSwordslash

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Narandza
This is a slashing sword,
Please give credits and ask premission before editing.
It is a basic icon I made it all from scratch using Gimp 2.8.

Version 2.0:
Removed red mist.
For later Versions:
Do more shading!
Give Background.

Keywords:
Sword, Japanese, steel, slash,
Contents

BNTSwordslash (Icon)

Reviews
23:14, 20th Aug 2012 enjoy: This is too simple. Also, the effect doesn't look very nice. This looks like something you could have done in 3 minutes. The sword has no defined cutting edge, and it lacks highlights and shadows to give it that metal...

M

23:14, 20th Aug 2012
enjoy: This is too simple. Also, the effect doesn't look very nice. This looks like something you could have done in 3 minutes. The sword has no defined cutting edge, and it lacks highlights and shadows to give it that metal shine. The angle is really boring. Try to play around with the perspective. CrazyRussian has made some excellent weapons tutorials, such as this sword tutorial. I hope you will do some practice, and then try uploading again.
Awaiting update.

It was better with the previous background.
The black background only hides the fact you just smudged the shape to get the trail effect.

At least that is what my conclusion is.

I am not sure if it can done that way; in Gimp, you can get a line downwards with shift pressed and then use the wind effect with "Right" side selected and toy with values. Then, do some Burn on the edges and you pretty much have this icon.

Codric, it lacks definition and the trail itself is not as realistic as it should be. The flick effect is sized equally lengthwise of the sword, when the tip of the sword is supposed to be a few milliseconds earlier in positioning (from what I can make out of the sword's angle).

Level 28