• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

BlpTga->Jpg tool got updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, actually...

acolyteofdoom said:
Yea, I noticed this a week ago or so... thanks for the fix Darky! :D

I actually wrote the blp2jpg utility =p I'm sorry for taking so long to fix that silly flipping bug. It was dead easy to fix too, shame on me.

That being said, I should soon be able to release the source code of both tga|blp to jpeg and the source of libblp, a C library for reading and writing targa or blp textures and for writing jpegs as well. Still working on the autoconf package :/

Level 3
There is still another bug: Sometimes when I was allready logged in, it still told me that I had to be logged in to write comments. Today it was again: When I wanted to reply here, I first had to logg inn again. Hope you fix that as fast as possible too.

Level 5
Well in fact, I didn't exactly fix the problem.

As it turns out, Targas have a flag in their header telling you if they are top to bottom or bottom to top, and I didn't know that, so I used to always flip. That obviously failed.

Then I tried moving the call to the flipping function in the non-RLA 32 bits per pixel targa case, and that seemed to fix it for the files I was testing with, so I thought "Hey, that fixed it".

Anyways, I gave Darky yet another version today, and this one will really work for all cases, since I went back to the targa specs and realized the existence of the top to bottom flag.

As an aside, I don't support right to left targas (that's also a flag), but rarely anyone uses that, so that should not be an issue. In fact, most of the smaller editors tend to ignore that one. Perhaps when I feel like it I'll add support for that one.

Since we're into limitations, I don't support paletted targas, 16 bits truecolor targas and black and white targas.

Status
Not open for further replies.