• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bloodthirster

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Skin for the Doom Guard, based on the Bloodthirster from Warhammer and Warhammer 40k.

Yes, a lot of it is recolor. I also used copied and pasted (and further edited) images from google. I don't really consider that a detractor in skinning, but I know the mods here do. So I anticipate rejection, but nevertheless, I don't want to deny the use of this to anyone else in case someone else likes it and doesn't mind that it's not freehand.

I got the model edit of the Doom Guard without the fire on the sword from this forum post and it was made by The Silent. I prefer it without the fire on the weapon, so that's why it's the one in the screenshots. Also so you can see the texture on the blade better.

Credit is appreciated but not required. I'm also fine with edits.

229274-e23717197cf8fc5234f6f55e9c3b9b36.png

229275-a307f8d9801a2eabf810b50c250e511e.png

'You know what burns my ass? A flame about this high'
229279-1589d2adff42cd44902e6b6b8bb6a6d6.png
Previews
Contents

Bloodthirster (Texture)

Reviews
Archian
Approved and marked as Useful / Simple. Thanks for the ingame screenshot.

denod

Banned
Level 1
How you managed to reskin it so well ? Where you learned it and what program you use ? Its amazing work.

How you managed to reskin it so well ? Where you learned it and what program you use ? Its amazing work.
Up in the description, I used Photopea. I used multiple layers of the same skin and recolored them. I've been into Photoshop for many years, and this took me time and effort to make Bloodbeak look like something that popped out of a nightmare.
Despite that, I've gotten a few complaints that I've done a cheesy job, such as the blood on the beak and the mere filtering; but if you're rooting for my artwork, good for you.

Level 8
Up in the description, I used Photopea. I used multiple layers of the same skin and recolored them. I've been into Photoshop for many years, and this took me time and effort to make Bloodbeak look like something that popped out of a nightmare.
Despite that, I've gotten a few complaints that I've done a cheesy job, such as the blood on the beak and the mere filtering; but if you're rooting for my artwork, good for you.
I think you replied to the wrong thread here mate, you were going for this one right? I did a bit of a double take cos I also use photopea and did the 'multiple layers recolor' technique lol. Btw I like your Bloodbeak skin

I think you replied to the wrong thread here mate, you were going for this one right? I did a bit of a double take cos I also use photopea and did the 'multiple layers recolor' technique lol. Btw I like your Bloodbeak skin
Oh, crud. My bad. :bored:
Thank you for liking the new Bloodbeak texture. If you have any suggestions on how to improve it, let me know via a PM.
Again, your Bloodthirster looks sick.