• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Blood Elf Crossbow Sentry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello I'm not sure if someone is bored enough to do this. haha
After fiddling around with RMS and knowing this is way beyond me. I need help with this model, the crossbow and its animations should be transferred to the blood elf sentry I have in this rar file. No need to remove the animation of the sentry if it does not hinder the imported weapon and I'll just delete it myself if I don't really need it. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Scout Ranger File.rar
    258.7 KB · Views: 31
Level 23
The issue is that the crossbow in the Draenai model is supposed to be on a bone that is not attached to the hands, so you either have to
1) animate all of the crossbow's movements for all of the Elf's animations so it doesn't just fly in the air or lay on the ground in front of her
2) or give up on copying the Draenai's attack animations and remake them from scratch while having the crossbow attached to the hands
3) or have two crossbows with different visibility, one attached to the hands for Elf's original animations, and one laying on the ground visible in the copied Draenai's animations.

Edit: Tried to use the first method first but it looked too clunky.
Remade using the visibility method.

Attachments

• Blood Elf Sentry.MDX
    108.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Level 19
The issue is that the crossbow in the Draenai model is supposed to be on a bone that is not attached to the hands, so you either have to
1) animate all of the crossbow's movements for all of the Elf's animations so it doesn't just fly in the air or lay on the ground in front of her
2) or give up on copying the Draenai's attack animations and remake them from scratch while having the crossbow attached to the hands
3) or have two crossbows with different visibility, one attached to the hands for Elf's original animations, and one laying on the ground visible in the copied Draenai's animations.

Edit: Tried to use the first method first but it looked too clunky.
Remade using the visibility method.
Ohhhh wow it's better than the first one, tho the crossbow is slightly above the hands in the attack anim but looks smoother than before, it was frustrating to me when I first tried it, it's nice man, thanks!

Level 23
Lowered the crossbow in the firing animation.
scr.png

Attachments

• Blood Elf Sentry.MDX
    108.1 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.