• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blank cinematic map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi. I'm making a blank map which purpose is only to run cinematic (TutorialOp.mpq) and to make more aesthetic appeal i want to skip loading screen, well make feeling of it. Right now i'm at a point where i can't continue without a thought from aside.

What i want to do is make a loading screen COMPLETELY black, without any text on it, and without famous "press any key to continue". Well, the loading bar and/or text is not so essential to remove, but all other text is. I've tried making custom screen with black texture, but it doesn't skip "press any key", even with "call forceuicancel()" since it's a singleplayer map. I have also tried setting "set bj_isSinglePlayer = false" and triggering "call ForceUICancel()", but had no result.
However there is a glitch, i'll try to explain, here's my trigger
  • Events
    • Map initialization
  • Actions
    • Custom script: call CinematicFadeBJ(bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUT , 0.00 , "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\White_mask.blp" , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0)
    • Custom script: call ShowInterfaceForceOff(GetPlayersAll() , 0.00)
    • Custom script: call TriggerSleepAction(0.01)
    • Custom script: call CustomVictoryBJ(Player(0) , false , false)
    • Custom script: call PlayCinematic("TutorialOp")
If i don't use a pause (call TriggerSleepAction(0.01)), game skips "press any key to continue" and jumps right to the scorescreen. Well in this case "call CustomVictoryBJ(Player(0) , false , false)" seems to be working wrong, showing me scorescreen after the cinematic. I've tried using its subfunctions instead like CustomVictorySkipBJ() or EndGame() or ChangeLevel(), even tried setting bj_changeLevelShowScores to false, but all of them work in the same way, except for changelevel() which places me into an infinite loop of loading current map.

If i do use a pause it works as it should though wanting me to press any key to load map, so here comes the nasty choice =(

----------

I've also tried making melee loading screen black. Was successful in removing everything except for text, so i end up with black screen with something like "WorldEdit Orc" and "L O A D I N G" text signs. I was hoping to import some empty font file (like no info for characters), but the game seem to load it after the map starts, but not before. Well, the "loading" sign isn't much disappealing, but playername and race is.

So is there any workaround for that (removing the text or just a player name and race text, or skipping that press any key to continue with custom loading screen), maybe somebody was more successfull in it than i am and found something interesting? :)

Last edited:
Level 25
In the loading screen, don't put any text on it and it will not give you the "press any key".

So simply set the loading screen model to something black and don't add text.
Like, set it to an imported model and it will turn black.

Status
Not open for further replies.