• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bladestorm ( Whirlwind ) Admiral proudmoore request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I think this could work :
When a player issues an order for your hero to use whirlwind replace him with a unit who has everything the same as your admiral (make a copy of him in the unit editor) and set his model to a blademaster model...now with the triggers, replace your admiral with the admiral with the blademaster model and set his level,items,abilities,ability levels,hp,mana to be the same as the admiral's in that moment, store the old admiral (don't delete him,nor kill him,just remove him from the map and set SOMEVARIABLE = "YourAdmiralUnit") and order the copy to use the whirlwind spell,he will spin as usual .Now, set a timer that will count x seconds since the spell started and when it runs out it should delete the copy and replace it with the old admiral...
You should also import the admiral's XxX_portrait.mdl and set it's path to replace the blademaster's portrait model...There you go...

has an entirely different set of bones than a Blademaster, it's impossible to give animations to Paladins, Arthas models or Proudmoore

If it has different bones than a model, it can't have it's animations transfered.

Knights can't have Naga anims. Same applies for Paladins/Arthas Models\Proudmoore and any other model.

Level 15
Actually, you can use advanced triggers to achieve what you want to achieve.
Basically, when the Adminiral uses the ability, play his attack animation, pause him, and set his animation speed to 0% when he is just at the point of the animation with his sword outwards.
Then, every 0.04 seconds make hims face a direction and move to the position of the controller (explained later). Also make him deal damage base on (Damage of blade storm per second/25).
Ok, so basically you have him paused so you can't move him. So now you have to create a unit called something like "Cotroller" or something. Then, you create this unit when the hero uses the bladestorm thingy, make the player select it and viola, you have what you want!
If you still don't understand, basically, the controller is just to make you choose where to move your hero. Set its pathing, movement type etc to the same as the hero's so it is as good as controlling the hero. After the blade storm thing, remove the dummy, unpause the hero and something.
I certainly hope this helps cos its more "economical" on the file size of your map.

And how could you transfer an bladestorm animation from blademaster to Beastmaster?? X.e.r.x.e.X can..please man , help me :cry:

Most of the models in Warcraft have skeletons that are very similar to others.
Bandit Lord = Knight
Footman = Captain = Blood Elf Lieutenant = Bandit/Brigand(Leg Bones differ)
Blademaster = Fel Orc Blademaster
Grunt = Fel Grunt = Beastmaster = Faceless One = Overlord/Felguard(Legs & Arms differ)
Troll = Troll Priest

All of those, save for the Bandit Lord & Knight models will all accept eachothers animations. The Paladin has a completly different skeleton and therefore, it cannot have it's animations swapped, unless someone makes a custom animation.

Level 24
Most of the models in Warcraft have skeletons that are very similar to others.
Bandit Lord = Knight
Footman = Captain = Blood Elf Lieutenant = Bandit/Brigand(Leg Bones differ)
Blademaster = Fel Orc Blademaster
Grunt = Fel Grunt = Beastmaster = Faceless One = Overlord/Felguard(Legs & Arms differ)
Troll = Troll Priest

All of those, save for the Bandit Lord & Knight models will all accept eachothers animations. The Paladin has a completly different skeleton and therefore, it cannot have it's animations swapped, unless someone makes a custom animation.

I have given Beastmaster the whirlwind before and it works fine >_>
It is possible to give Proudmoore the whirlwind also if you just check the tutorial I linked before

Level 15
Erm, I would make the spell but I am busy ATM, a 10 more days and I AM FREE FROM EXAMINATIONS! Oh yeah! So I will try to make it after that. It would be fun to make the map anyway and I might submit it to the spells section.
I hope you don't mind me combining the spell map with another spell map I have :p

Status
Not open for further replies.