• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BlackDragon.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Lava Dragon

This is my first freehanded skin but will probably not be the last.
-------------
Freehand - 98%
Filter - 2%
-------------
Critism is fine but please make it constuctive.
The skin may not be edited without my permission.
Give credits if used an have fun with the skin.

Version 1.1: Fixed preview.
Version 1.2: Fixed black space. Gave its skin a red colour. Recoloured teeths/horns/wings.
Version 1.3: Added more colours on the lava. New Preview Image, thanks to Squidle.

Keywords:
Lava, Dragon, Fire, Flame, Drake, Magma, x-omg-x
Contents

LavaDragon (Texture)

Reviews
19:23, 16th Oct 2009 67chrome: Not a lot of changes on this from the original skin, most of this is re-color. To much of this is re-color for me to approve it. The wings look sort of meh, most of the body looks to mono-chromatic to pass as lava as...

M

19:23, 16th Oct 2009
67chrome: Not a lot of changes on this from the original skin, most of this is re-color. To much of this is re-color for me to approve it. The wings look sort of meh, most of the body looks to mono-chromatic to pass as lava as well. One of the important things to keep in mind when working with materials such as lava is to get them to look very bright, which can usually be accomplished by contrasting super-bright flaming bits with really dark areas on the skin, take a look at how deathwing looks on the WoW cataclysm page if you can't visualize what I'm trying to say :)

But anyways, this skin has way to much re-color, and really needs to be dramatically changed for me to consider approving it. You might want to check out the skinning tutorials at this as well :)

I don't see much difference from the bronze dragon, except for the wings. The color theme doesn't seem to be right for lava, try more black/orange/red/yellow rather than brownish.

I think this will look good if you keep working on it, but as for now it seems unfinished.

Ohh. I dont see brown colours anywhere.
But thanks. Will try to make it look more like lava.

edit: Gave its skin a bright red colour and updated wings, teeths and horns

Last edited: