• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Legion General (Re-Classic)

Black Legion General
208889-6ae496f3f8e73f22fe2ae0690e1428a9.png
- Added Purple Particle Emitters and Ribbon Emitters
- Adjusted the angle of the sword
- Added Collision shapes because it disappeared again
- Fixed Weapon Glow
- Added another Particle Emitter
- Added Black Legion General (A TC)
- Removed unused bones
Base Model Credits
Reference/Idea Credits
Unit Type
Melee Hero
Author's Notes
A re-classic version of the Black Legion Captain v1 :grin:
Visit Johnwar's Models Discussion for updates and links for my models. :smile:
Previews
Contents

Black Legion General (Model)

Black Legion General (A TC) (Model)

Black Legion General (TC) (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A nice remake of the original model. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 58
This is definately a good promotion for the base captain 😀 The armor looks really neat 👍
Can't really feel the difference between Spell, Stand Channel 1 and 2 though. I'd also make the glow on the sword two-sided because it blinks while moving and is not seen from behind of the model 🤔
Thanks, and I made the glow two sided. The animations are from the base model I just added the animations of Arthas(Froustmourne with normal Arthas. :thumbs_up:

Love it, another excellent addition the model section BUUUUTT my only comments would be 1) Does this count as a Re-classic model? Guess I'm just being pedantic and 2) on an actual technical level comparing the file-sizes could something be done to maybe bring it down a bit especially since this one is almost double the size of the original?

Level 58
Love it, another excellent addition the model section BUUUUTT my only comments would be 1) Does this count as a Re-classic model? Guess I'm just being pedantic and 2) on an actual technical level comparing the file-sizes could something be done to maybe bring it down a bit especially since this one is almost double the size of the original?
1. Yes, this is considered re-classic because 're' means again and I did a classic model 'again' with improvements. :grin:
2. The size is doubled because the portrait is combined with the model, I added some animations and more armour parts. :thumbs_up:
Edit: The original has 127kb mine has 193kb, 193 - 127 = 66. :smile:

1. Yes, this is considered re-classic because 're' means again and I did a classic model 'again' with improvements. :grin:
2. The size is doubled because the portrait is combined with the model, I added some animations and more armour parts. :thumbs_up:
Edit: The original has 127kb mine has 193kb, 193 - 127 = 66. :smile:
1. Makes sense, I'll accept that :p

2. Ah sorry my mistake I looked at the file size of the bundle which is 388 rather than the filsize of the model. Yeah 193kb for this seems pretty good; I retract that suggestion :)

Level 2
Awesome model. what about animations... I'd say you better change the way he holds the sword. both attack anims looks not like he cutting, but... crushing? its unnatural. actually seems like you thought to give him a mace, but forgot of that or smth 😄

Level 58
Awesome model. what about animations... I'd say you better change the way he holds the sword. both attack anims looks not like he cutting, but... crushing? its unnatural. actually seems like you thought to give him a mace, but forgot of that or smth 😄
The animations are not made by me, it is all from the original model in the game.
I also don't know how to animate. :thumbs_up:

Edit: The sword was angled the wrong way so I am fixing it now. :smile:

Last edited:
Level 9
Just a random thought, but I wonder if you could do, like, an unarmored version of Gardon? I'm not even sure Shar could use it, to be honest, but it would be to see in cinematics. And something that I don't think any other WC3 campaigns do.