• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-=-Beware Noob On The Move-=- IAS spell based on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi to all the map makers out there :grin:

As the Thread says... i want to make a spell.

I dont even have a base spell yet. But idea goes like this: Spell would be passive, it should check user of ability current life and use multipliers like 0.02, 0.03 and 0,04 for level 3 spell.

So when hero have 1500 max life points and would have this ability then he should have 45% Increased Attack Speed; if spell is already level 3.

So if hero is attcked (losing life, HP) his ias would also go down.

Now i want to know if that is even possible ( i hope you understand my explanation and I am very very sorry for lack of knowledge when using English language) and if it is can someone gives me some tips?? Or do the spell for me? :grin:

THX:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
Can you please be more specific about this? I understant what s your idea is but I dont know how to doit..

I turned my idea a bit...

So it should go like this:
I use item spell gloves of haste; modified it in to four level hero spell, each level of spell increase IAS by 1%, from 1% to 4% at level 4.

But now i wish multplie this IAS with 1% of Hero current life, like this:
At level 1 of this spell hero gains 1% ias pernament, whic is active all the time and gives him 1%ias x 1%of current HP...

Lets say hero have 1000 life and level 2 spell: 2%IAS x 1% of 1000 HP = 20 IAS

Now can someone can help me with this to do with triggers?? :grin:

Level 11
Do you have problems with the maths part, or the trigger part? Cause both are easy to make.
You say, you made an ability with 100 levels, each level increases AS by the exact level. (Level 23 increases AS by 23%, right?)

So in the trigger, you just have to calculate the appropriate level:

You have to make two triggers. The first one stores the hero that learns the ability into a variable. The second is a periodical trigger, that checks the hero's life every sec, and sets the level of the IAS ability to the right one.

• Event:
  • Unit learns a skill
  • Conditions:
  • Learnt skill is equal to <Ability>
  • Actions:
  • Set HeroVar = Triggering Unit
  • Event:
  • Every 1 seconds of the game
  • Conditions:
  • (HeroVar is equal to No Unit) equal to false
  • Actions:
  • Unit - Set level of <IAS_Ability> for HeroVar to (2*((Level of <Ability> for HeroVar*0.01)*Percent life of Hero))

Level 4
Do you have problems with the maths part, or the trigger part? Cause both are easy to make.
You say, you made an ability with 100 levels, each level increases AS by the exact level. (Level 23 increases AS by 23%, right?)

No ability have 4 levels or 3 i didnt decided yet.

But no matter how many leveld doesit have, 4% Ias from ability would be max now i only need too find out how to multiplie :wink:

Now lets try your idea out :)

P.S. Can you pls be more specific about part setting variable? Have problems with part when u add value of variable and to be equal with triggering unit, actualy with whole thing, never did anything with varibles :S

Last edited:
Level 11
Level 4
I read it :)

Now i have only problem with this:
Unit - Set level of <IAS_Ability> for HeroVar to (2*((Level of <Ability> for HeroVar*0.01)*Percent life of Hero))

xDxD cannt findout how putit together correctly xD

And again TY paskovich :)

Status
Not open for further replies.