• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BattleShips Caribbean 6.2b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Battle Ships Caribbean - 6.0

Why this version?

This map is a "battleships map" based on competetive and tactical gameplay. This means that the focus is about tactical individual & teamplay, with no focus on RPG-stuff like player fishing, whalehunting, questing, etc. However, such events are controlled by a computer, and is a part of the tactical gameplay.

Features:

- Fishing.
Each team has a computer-controlled fishing boats, which can get upgraded sail & hp via upgrade centers. Its purpose is to go to specific places on the map and gather fish. Whenever it return, it gives the team gold, and this income raises every time. (i.e. 150, 200, 250, 300 etc. in gold.)
Defend this boat at all cost!

- Gold Mines.
Each Team has a goldmine close to the base, which distributes gold every 3 minute. (180 seconds.) It starts giving 200 gold, but every time it raises with 300.

- Custom ships.
More than 25 ships with 25 different abilities are in this map to bring up teamplay and competetive gameplay. Some ships are NOT better than ships that cost lower, it's their purpose that will decide how the situations develops.

- Melee Attack.
Melee attacks has been implemented to optimize item/hero abilities and gameplay. However, autoattack has been disabled.

- Hero Stats.
Hero stats has been implemented. Every level gives you 25 hp and 0.2 armor and some attack speed for melee. Another variation of tactical gameplay, and makes different types of traders useless because of the fact that the trade ship is growing stronger with levels.

- Custom items.
More than 100 different weapons - including combines - can be used against the enemy based on how you play and how your ship is.

More than 50 artifacts and supplies can be used as well. Vampiric attacks, life drain, cyclones, lightning shield, armor buffs, etc.

- Custom Units.
Couriers, as we know them in DotA can also be found. You can also hire repair stations. (Long cooldown on buy) - to repair your ships in battle, but thay move very slowly.

This map is a 2 teams x 5 players, battling against each others. The goal is to destroy the opponents base, and you do that by vary your items with weapons, armor, and artifacts.

More information can be found ingame.

This is a few screenshots:

WC3ScrnShot_071410_141943_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_071410_141959_04.jpg

Originally made by Sked.

Credits to hiveworkshop.com & epicwar.com

CHANGELOG

5.8 Allstars - new fixes:

- Repair Station is now a moving unit.
- New item (Starfall Cannon.)
- Slightly changes in terrain.
- Item & Ship balance.

5.9 Allstars - new fixes:

- Control Points have been completely removed due to request.
- The income systems (i.e. Gold Mines & Fishing) Will not start from 200 and 150, growing with 50 and 100 every time time the income counter triggers. This means that the income will raise with time, and gives the map a better and longer earlygame, and a faster endgame.
- The Flying Dutchman can no longer go invisible with Sea Walk, but has instead got the standard Ship Sails ability.
- Other changes in terrain.
- An Aura Merchant has been placed in the middle.
- Some balance issuses with items.

6.0 Allstars - new fixes.

- Gear Stash has been moved close to item shops.
- 3 new combineable items. (Can be found in the Combine Factory 1.)
- Fixed some bugs like super text-spam when gold mine distributes gold.

6.1 Allstars - new fixes.

- 2 new weapon merchants.
- Kill Streak System
- New camera system.
- Changes in terrain.
- Balances

[DELAYED]Consider next version as a map expansion. This will include a bigger playable map, new missions, and at least 1 new ship. Also a lot of requests will be taken into the map.

6.2 Allstars - new fixes:

- Text fixes.
- New toggle autoattack on/off with -aon & -aoff.

version b

- Map is now playable.

Keywords:
Battleships, Battle Ships, Caribbean, Warcraft, melee, dota, Lepump1, Hero Defense, Hero, Defense, Footmen, Island Defence.
Contents

BattleShips Caribbean 6.2b (Map)

Reviews
04:50, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Don't multi-upload!

M

04:50, 30th Jul 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Don't multi-upload!

Level 4
i like the map but still needs a lot of work since it is almost a complete clone on much of the stuff from other ships maps but the ultimate weapons are good and also the beginning weapons become useless since u earn money really fast after the very beginning... maybe make them upgradeable?

Level 1
Nothing more than a poor clone of battleships crossfire. naman lies. except for the fact that the starting weapons suck. needs weapons improved greatly (and change some of them, they're almost exactly the same as crossfire...) , and a less confusing harbour to start.

Level 5
I am currently working on a system that "with time" increases the total amount of money.

such as:

- Increased income from creep ships every 5-10 min.
- Increased income from fishing / gold mines.

This will make around 10-20 min earlygame before going into the serious business.

My ideas with the beginning weapons will be to combine them with the ultimate weapons. But this takes a long time to balance, and I sure will keep an eye on it.

The next version is out now.

Last edited:
Level 4
I wish you had kept control posts :(
Also the game doesnt balance for leavers properly i think
Also dutchman cannon is too cheap now it was ok at 10k but 2k is like nothing cuz its 600 dps
And yes the new version has a longer early game so good job on that!
Maybe you could add a moonwell upgrade to the upgrade center and does every creep upgrade increase the bounty?
Also maybe the empire should distribute the gold it makes or put it into spawnship upgrades so the maximum it gives out could be capped
If u have both these systems in then theres no need for automatic bounty increases :D

Level 5
I've just released version 6.0.

Naman:

- Leavers will never balance the game. However, I will try to fix the moneysplit system, after a player leaves.
- Dutchman cannon is 1000 damage every 5. second for 10000 gold.
- I can add moonwell upgrades.
- No, creep upgrades doesn't increase bounty.
- I can add empire gold distribution, but this means that only 1/5 of the gold they earn will be split.

Light Bolt:

- I have made the floating text thinner, so that they doing merge. :)

That's just about it.

Level 5
Hey , i got a problems. I couldn't play your maps with 1.24 patch. The present patch. Fix it please.

and suggest for weather : effect.

Level 5
Your map seem horrible.

Map size is so small . and u make all of the building extract in the same location

The way to sail is too small . too many units and make some lag.

it feels uncomfortable to play.

Some item got 5000 range.... it's terrible.

There are some item news but some items seem same the original.

and the hero [your ships] it will walk to the enemy automatically.

Not stand still like other battle ships.

You should keep the phoenix [fire slash] , flame frag effect out of your creeps.

and change to the normal one. or make it's flat.

You should make a time xxx seconds before the game will begin.

the weapon speed that out from the tower , basic cannon. it's too fast speed.

and this is battleships . why u got an archer units to fight with the ships.

and u should know something, a big ships can't sail through a sea that swallow.

so make a small ship ones and you put the environment too much. . too much of trees

and it make some kind of lag.

Some items it including in the same place like a sail speed it mix to the other items.

Make a categories to it. Although u said it's a pirate items. but it seem like all of items place are mix together.

Some items shouldn't add in , like book of the dead. : Summon 4 skeleton fighter and archer to fight for you . . .. it seem suck.

Make a fonts upon the building bigger please.

Some items like Barbossa crew [5000 gold with 55 repair / s]

and Davi jones crew [6000 gold with 65 repair /s]

How different? put more 1000 gold , + 10 repair?

Cut off this two out and make a good one is better than.

You have to make stat of hero : strength , agility , battle carribean . . . . to be the other like crew repair , additional hitpoint . . or etc.

and some items like teleport , tomb of power . it shouldn't add in the battleships.

Or u will say , a ship got a high technology that it can warp to the location? If in that case , why we have to use a ships?

And if u want more armor, why don't put into the hull or some higher ships got that parts already.

Your maps look like an Aos Style + Battleships . ..

All of the things that i said above , it's a suggestive. Don't be mad at all.

Level 5
Despite that your english is TERRIBLE and 50% of what you say is WRONG and DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL -

Then you got some points.

- Yes, I'm working on a "game-mode" system which adds xxx sec before game start.
- No, I'm not gonna change the gameplay ATM.
- No, I'm not gonna remove items / change the style.
- No, Fonts are readable, and you can get used to the shops.
- You can write -aoff or -aon to disable/enable autoattack. I'm working on a spell/hotkey to do it automatically by pressing.

The rest of what you said didn't make sense or was wrong.

Level 5
The biggest problems that i found in your maps. Sometimes it was lagging.

When the creep trying to attack and it's continue until the new wave coming.

unit was increasing for each wave and make some lag.

I knew my english's grammar is terrible. But i tries to suggest it.

I couldn't read your fonts. It too small.

and when i wanted to make some items. I have to find their parts and I got some confusing.