• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barrens Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
hmmm....

to be honest with you, all 3 could use further improvments.

its very empty.

use some of those animated shrubs . Trust me, they dont look that bad.
i preffer SHrub :animated (1) , its thin and small, so it wont clog up the scene.

get rid of the tauren on the mountain.
why? because his size is extremely large, therefor, diminishing the size and power of the mountains ( which is what stands out in the first pic.)

Level 34
Turn up the graphics on the WE.

Those hills need a lot of work. Right now they are too pointy, smooth them out a bunch. The rest of the ground is too flat, just run the raise tool over the ground, give it a very slight variation.

Level 36
Yes it needs more work if its suppost to look pro. But I for one have listened to what you've said earlier, his PC will lag if he spams too much doodads. And to be honest, I like your style! Simple but yet with some nice touches. Like the fog doodad, and where its placed, how you use the dirt to cover up the grass >> dirt effect to make it look more, new. I can see much proffesional work in these terrains! :D ( not saying they cant be improved though <.< )

Level 7
Could use more work, Fog and at least somthing more. And Dirt.
I know its suppose to be "Barrens" But its just to Barren for me! D:

Level 36
i_brg_doom... Please, why dont you listen to me when I teach you stuff? :p
DONT place bare shrubs right onto dirt/sand tiles, and if you have to, then cover a larger aeria, place them on grass tiles, and even further more, dont use GREEN shrubs in a Barrens terrain, they just dont fit. These pics was better how they were in my opinnion <.<

Level 36
man, I dont say distinctively that you shall NOT have them there. But yes, I dont think green shrubs fits in with the barrens look. And the wrong thing is the placement of em, have them more clustered and not spread out like that, and dont place them ONTO the dirt tiles, have grass tile under them please. And if you HAVE to use that shrub, then at least tint it a bit darker and more brownish :p

Level 18
wow, your terrain has really come along :)

its not epic, but itz getting there

If your gonna put shrubs on sand, you might want to change the color of it.

Red : 222
green:78
blue :25

this way it will look more orangy- brown.

then you might want to CTRL + PGDN on the shrubs, so that the ugly bases of it arn't showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.