1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Balanar.blp

Submitted by vzm.Night
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Skin for Dread Lord (or Ticondrius), representing Night Stalker (Balanar) from DotA2.
my 1st work.

update:
- added teamcolor;
- face reworked (better at portait, but still some mess at model);
- transperent horns;

and added screenshot ofc.

Keywords:
Balanar, Night, Stalker, Vampire, Dread, Lord
Contents

Night Stalker (Texture)

Reviews
16:31, 29th Sep 2011 shiiK: Moving to Needs fix due to lack of updates or otherwise response to previous moderation. shiiK: The horns appear black on the portrait, meaning they can't be alpha'd out, so you'll have to come up with something for that....
  1. 16:31, 29th Sep 2011
    shiiK: Moving to Needs fix due to lack of updates or otherwise response to previous moderation.
    22:49, 23rd Sep 2011
    shiiK: The horns appear black on the portrait, meaning they can't be alpha'd out, so you'll have to come up with something for that. The chest is quite awkward, now that I've taken a closer look, try tweaking it around a bit until you get a nice result in-game. The same still applies to the face - focus on making the portrait look nice. Remember that it's the in-game look that matters, and not the unwrap, so you should always go back and forth to check each update on the model. I'm liking the team-colour on the wings a lot, though.

13:53, 23rd Sep 2011
    shiiK: First of all, seeing as this is your first resource uploaded to THW, I'll have to ask you to show me some WIPs or the .psd/.xcf of this texture as proof it is your work. It's nothing personal, it's just standard procedure. If you could link some other art by yourself as well, that would be good.

Secondly, you'll need to put a screenshot in the preview, not the unwrap itself.

Thirdly, judging by the screenshot you posted in a comment, you'll have to work some more on the face, as it looks like a mess right now.

2. chr2

chr2

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Looks interesting. I'd wish you would show a picture of the skin wrapped on the model though.

3. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks interesting though judging his appearance in the screenshot, he's face is pretty messed up.

4. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    why does this look... stolen to me?

.. hold the horses, just my opinion..

5. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not to shabby

6. Tornak

Tornak

Resources:
    Resources:
    i like texture's picture, but in game this is so... so...
    so fuuu

7. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    because he patterned it to Dio's Jabberwock skin.

anyway, you might wanna clean up the team color a little more.

8. KaplanHorus

KaplanHorus

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    loods like a Dionesiist style

9. Skycraft

Skycraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    So where is the screenshot?
    Pretty cool skin though.

10. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think you should reskin the Illidan model, I think that will give you a better result.
    EDIT-I just thought about what I said and realized the face would be really bad, but try a quick sketch just in case.

11. Dionesiist

Dionesiist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    He'd never manage to pull off the vertical part of the mouth on Illidan's model. Besides, it's close enough I'd say, barring the fact that the upper legs are armoured as well.