• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azeroth terrain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello there. I'm would be greatful if someone would accept this request and make me a Map that is shaped like the World of Azeroth. I will give the terrainer the credit for his/her work :)

Level 4
You are new here.I think no one will trust you.You should give to terrainer more than a +rep.

Ok thanks for the info xD I posted the request since I'm quite sucky on terraining >.<

Besides, you lack options, such as 'Terrain' 'Size' 'Doodads'.

Though the Terrain could be the terrainers choise, map size should be 256x256, Feel free to come with your own ideas :)

Level 7
More explanation please like what locations do you want example lordaemere lake for example. There are ALOT of places in azeroth and in azeroth do you mean the warcraft world or Azeroth in Azerothian (Stormwind Kingdom). ? Its Impossible to make entire Azeroth highly detailed in one map for a rpg for example. If anyone will take this request then you will probably get something like in Azeroth Wars and such.

BTW you said azeroth does that include outland, twisting nether, Azshara, Emerald Dream and so on, Actually if you think of it there are LOTS of planets in the twisting nether (aka space), like Xorgoth or Argus, but the legion own most of it and the God Race to.... God Race = Sargearas Race, but he betrayed. Sorry i got off topic but still a sweet idea right^^ to bad theres limits in WE, but without that it would lagg as Hell

To Cherol : And like paying people for playing a game for you? Thats like a wow player paying a little kid to play for him while he sleeps its well DUH!

Anyway hope you get lucky with the Request!

And (1 day left until Xmas morning.)

Last edited:
Level 4
More explanation please like what locations do you want example lordaemere lake for example. There are ALOT of places in azeroth and in azeroth do you mean the warcraft world or Azeroth in Azerothian (Stormwind Kingdom). ? Its Impossible to make entire Azeroth highly detailed in one map for a rpg for example. If anyone will take this request then you will probably get something like in Azeroth Wars and such.

Well Azeroth is a planet not the entire galaxy and I were thinking like get Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms and Northrend but to add Outland would be nice though :) Though I'm supposed to make a "Lore-Game" so if it looks abit more like a strategy game I don't mind ^^

Level 7
I know that Azeroth is both the Planet and The Stormwind kingdom is named Azeroth. The Galaxy is called the twisting nether, or the abyss ( space ).

Level 14
Well, now "Eastern Kingdoms" is used to address the continent in which Stormwind is on, and "Azeroth" is the name of the planet. A little bit further back though, Blizzard addressed that continent as Azeroth. However, they needed to add a continent "Kalimdor" to be able to continue the WC3 series, which changed Azeroth to "Eastern Kingdoms". Ah well...

Cheers,
~Asomath

Level 11
i will attempt at making one for you. i am new here as well, but it would be good experience, and no one here so far as offered help, so i will try and do it for you (i have christmas and stuff like that coming up so expect it in a couple of days or something like that)

one question, would you like the maelstorm as well, or do you not care?

Level 4
i will attempt at making one for you. i am new here as well, but it would be good experience, and no one here so far as offered help, so i will try and do it for you (i have christmas and stuff like that coming up so expect it in a couple of days or something like that

one question, would you like the maelstorm as well, or do you not care?

I'm happy that you accepted this request :) And I would like to get maelstorm if it's possible :) And I understand it will take some more time with christmas soon here and so on :) Btw Marry Christmas everyone :) :)

Level 11
I'm happy that you accepted this request :) And I would like to get maelstorm if it's possible :) And I understand it will take some more time with christmas soon here and so on :) Btw Marry Christmas everyone :) :)

Alrighty then, i will try and get the maelstorm in there. i was thinking about it before i went to bed and i am assuming that since you want northrend, that the eastern kingdom (mainly the northern half) is going to look as if it was affected by the scourge?? Merry Christmas to you also!! :wthumbsup:

Level 15
If you want, i can give you the terrain from my old RPG? i delete the triggers and so?

but just to notice: I had an Inventory system used, (FSGUI 2) that require a large line of terrain in the side. so if you can live with that (it's about 1/10 of the whole terrain), you can have it.
It contains of whole azeroth (Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Northrend) and is made out from wc3 pictures (and a little wow). the size is 256/256 (largest with standard WE).

If you want, again, you can have it.

Edit: Btw, im not a great terrainer, and northrend is fairly small (about half the size of Kalimdor). I would set all of the units scaling value and movementspeed to the half so the world looks bigger.

Edit 2: The maelstrom is not in the map, and there isent much space for it (as the map is kinda crowded up).

Level 4
Alrighty then, i will try and get the maelstorm in there. i was thinking about it before i went to bed and i am assuming that since you want northrend, that the eastern kingdom (mainly the northern half) is going to look as if it was affected by the scourge?? Merry Christmas to you also!! :wthumbsup:

I like the idea about northrend looking affected by the scourge so you could make it look like that. :)

Level 4
If you want, i can give you the terrain from my old RPG? i delete the triggers and so?

but just to notice: I had an Inventory system used, (FSGUI 2) that require a large line of terrain in the side. so if you can live with that (it's about 1/10 of the whole terrain), you can have it.
It contains of whole azeroth (Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Northrend) and is made out from wc3 pictures (and a little wow). the size is 256/256 (largest with standard WE).

If you want, again, you can have it.

Edit: Btw, im not a great terrainer, and northrend is fairly small (about half the size of Kalimdor). I would set all of the units scaling value and movementspeed to the half so the world looks bigger.

Edit 2: The maelstrom is not in the map, and there isent much space for it (as the map is kinda crowded up).

I could have a look at it.

Level 11
haha, no problem bro :thumbs_up: i like to help people out, because you never know when you will need their help. also, i am getting really good experience from doing this.

Update: Northrend and Maelstorm is completed. Eastern Kingdoms is 50% complete. Outland and Kalimdor have not been started

Last edited:
Level 11
How is it going Silverfish :)?

Well, it is going quite well =D. Christmas is over :( but here is the update:

Outland, Northrend, Maelstorm completed. Eastern Kingdoms is 50% completed. Kalimdor isnt started yet. Note: I did not include 2 regions of outland, otherwise kalimdor wouldnt fit

Level 4
Well, it is going quite well =D. Christmas is over :( but here is the update:

Outland, Northrend, Maelstorm completed. Eastern Kingdoms is 50% completed. Kalimdor isnt started yet. Note: I did not include 2 regions of outland, otherwise kalimdor wouldnt fit

:) Nice :)

Level 11
well my comp got messed up yesterday and just fixed it about 1 hr ago, so i havent been able to work on the map :sad: but now eastern kingdoms is ALMOST completed, as i just started back up on it

Level 4
well my comp got messed up yesterday and just fixed it about 1 hr ago, so i havent been able to work on the map :sad: but now eastern kingdoms is ALMOST completed, as i just started back up on it

that weren't good that you were having problems with your computer :/ Its nice to hear that the map making is moving forward :)

Level 11
ok, now eastern kingdoms, outland, northrend and maelstorm is completed. Kalimdor is not. I added a few changed to maelstorm however, now it looks cooler. I am quite pleased with how it is going. I may even use it for my own map in addition to yours :mwahaha::grin:

Level 11
oh hey, i realized that this is taking a lil long to get to you. this is my 3rd map i am working on, but ima put the other two on hold and try and crank this out for you. i will get it to you by tomorrow if all goes as planned :grin::thumbs_up:

Level 4
ok, now eastern kingdoms, outland, northrend and maelstorm is completed. Kalimdor is not. I added a few changed to maelstorm however, now it looks cooler. I am quite pleased with how it is going. I may even use it for my own map in addition to yours :mwahaha::grin:

Nice :) and hehe it's your terrain so you do what you want xD

Level 11
hey wats up. i found out that my family had stuff planned out yesterday for new years eve so i couldnt work on the map :cry: however, i am working on it right now, and kalimdor is 25% completed. kalimdor is waay harder than eastern kingdoms

Level 4
hey wats up. i found out that my family had stuff planned out yesterday for new years eve so i couldnt work on the map :cry: however, i am working on it right now, and kalimdor is 25% completed. kalimdor is waay harder than eastern kingdoms

Hehe :) well I could imagine that xD Kalimdor is abit more big and wierd xD

Level 11
wow, these past few days have been nothing but terrible luck. my internet wasn't working, so i couldn't get a picture of kalimdor to continue working on the map :cry:. however, i finally got the internet to work now, so ima keep working on it. :smile:

Level 4
wow, these past few days have been nothing but terrible luck. my internet wasn't working, so i couldn't get a picture of kalimdor to continue working on the map :cry:. however, i finally got the internet to work now, so ima keep working on it. :smile:

Well there is no need to stress xD

Level 11
DONE!!!:grin::mwahaha::cool::thumbs_up: here it is!!! if you wanna change anything, that is fine. i put certain cities in, on the basis of whether it made the region look better. if there is anything missing, i can do it for u, or if u wanna do it, thats fine. HAHA its done!!!

Attachments

• World of Azeroth.w3x
    225.9 KB · Views: 86
Level 4
DONE!!!:grin::mwahaha::cool::thumbs_up: here it is!!! if you wanna change anything, that is fine. i put certain cities in, on the basis of whether it made the region look better. if there is anything missing, i can do it for u, or if u wanna do it, thats fine. HAHA its done!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):) Thank you so much :) It looks great :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.