• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autorefresh Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey i just downloaded auto refresh and it works fine. But do you know how to change what it says when its refreshing like example. Autorefresh has joined the game. Can i change that? Please help

Level 25
Autorefresh things are bots

Bots are against the WC3 terms and conditions

(But not if you ask xXZombieXx, a person who claimed that I was an ex-Battle.Net moderator who he banned for proclaiming that name spoofs were hacks, which they are. Ah, those were the days, when idiots were stupid and fun to tear posts apart from...)

See why Chris is gonna get angry? I'll let him deal with it

Every time I see autorefresh in Bnet, I insult the host of being lazy and then I simply leave the game.

Of course you can use autorefresh, but if you get your cd key banned and/or account closed you have to think if it was worth it...

(PS: I once got my account closed and it took 3 MONTHS to get it back, not to mention losing all the stats in the process)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Why would I get pissed, I'm not a moderator around here. Just keep naughty business out of my section 'kay?

Level 16
The autorefresher is the best program made since vexorians optimizer. Insulting the host because he uses the autorefresher is the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. You should see a shrink, Kitatababe.

Getting banned for using the autorefresher is as likely as winning in the lottery.

Insulting the host because he uses the autorefresher is the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.
I just get pissed off with lazy hosts and
"...Autorefresh joined game
Autorefresh joined game
Autorefresh joined game
Autorefresh joined game
Autorefresh left game
Autorefresh left game..."
Which ruins the chat in the game lobby.

If they would remove those annoying messages from the chat screen, I might even stand it...

Level 25
The autorefresher is the best program made since vexorians optimizer.

Except that unlike Vexorian's optimiser, its a hack!

Insulting the host because he uses the autorefresher is the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. You should see a shrink, Kitatababe.

So keeping to the WC3 terms and conditions and shunning those who don't is stupid? Guess I should stop insulting all of those botters because it apparantly makes me stupid to do so!

Getting banned for using the autorefresher is as likely as winning in the lottery.

Then the people who have been banned for it must be pretty damn unlucky

Level 21
So keeping to the WC3 terms and conditions and shunning those who don't is stupid? Guess I should stop insulting all of those botters because it apparantly makes me stupid to do so!

its your opinoin. i personally think bots are ok, i mean they are basically macros and they are allowed in wow. i dont like map hacks where you dont get FOW or darkness or whatever but i havent got a problem with automated code, it just makes the hosts life easier. it doesnt make you stupid to insult botters, thats your choice and your the better to follow the terms and conditions. if it doesnt harm affect the gaming experience of any other player i dont see the problem with it, infact it enhances the gaming because i means players can join quicker and the host doesnt have to manage the game by closing and opening slots, i have kicked so many people accedantally that way. same with coloured names, i have no problem with it at all, even if the EULA does.

Level 2
Uh if autorefresh is bad, how come you can download it from this webiste >.> its in the tools section, take a look.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I use Auto-refresh in maps I know it'll take an hour to get full. They usually fill up faster. I'm against these "bans", spoofer became legal I think, and other useful tools such as AutoRefresh should be allowed. SpamBot too, if people didn't abuse it.

Level 4
the autorefresher is great for promoting new custom maps you make, since it takes forever to try to host a full game of an unknown map! (with that much clicking its a very tiring process even for non-lazy ppl!:thumbs_down: ).
If you've ever tried this, you'd know what im talking about... especially with xxxxx # of dota games that bumps your game off to the bottom of the list >_<

I dont get why bnet does not have a refresh button implemented in the custom games -_- as long as they make it impossible to spam, it would make hosting soooo much easier. good for everyone!

but i really dont know whether its legal or not in custom games.... i mean:
- it doesnt really harm anyone right?(unlike mh)
- its used for peoples benefits... map promotion!
- plus you cant spam it since it refreshes automatically every 45 sec or so...
so is it necessarily a bad thing to use bot?

*the autorefresher has joined/left the game is annoying though, even if its unavoidable :angry:

Level 10
Back when I actually played wc3, the thing that annoyed me about autorefresh things was the messages. However it does occur to me that no one has actually answered the original question, and instead its become an argument about whether Autorefresh is good or bad. I can't answer the question that has been asked, as I don't know the answer myself. I would take a guess that the message probably can't be changed/removed, as from what I can work out, it works by making battle net think someone has joined for every empty slot and then left, and those messages are either a cause or a result of that. However, as I said, I don't know.

Last edited:
Level 6
I use name spoof, or did when i played WC3, and autorefresh, and map hack. I'm a baaaad egg :\

Blizzard only cares when you use them on ladders, custom is FFA

Level 21
Every time I see autorefresh in Bnet, I insult the host of being lazy and then I simply leave the game.

Of course you can use autorefresh, but if you get your cd key banned and/or account closed you have to think if it was worth it...

(PS: I once got my account closed and it took 3 MONTHS to get it back, not to mention losing all the stats in the process)

... the reason u got banned is cuz u were foolish enuf to go on ladders with a hack running

Level 8
I use name spoof, or did when i played WC3, and autorefresh, and map hack. I'm a baaaad egg :\

Blizzard only cares when you use them on ladders, custom is FFA

No, you're just an immature kid. With age, in most cases, comes morals and ethics.

Personally I find the argument of "blizzard doesn't care" to be complete bullshit. What does it matter if Blizzard doesn't care? You're still breaking the rules, you're still ruining everyone's fun, and you're still being an idiot. Especially with maphack.

Level 24
i like autorefresh because it stops me from accidentally booting people who join immediately before the slot they're in closes. yeah, the game lobby chat gets screwed until there are only 2 slots left open, but i'd rather have a broken conversation than boot people accidentally.

Level 6
No, you're just an immature kid. With age, in most cases, comes morals and ethics.

O RLY? im 4 years older then you, learn to have some fun some time you little brat. Morals and Ethics are an old wifes tale.

Personally I find the argument of "blizzard doesn't care" to be complete bullshit.

You're like the fucking blizzard anti-cheat. Cheating in a game world iis like cheating in the real world. People cheat to get ahead, in games, its all "wawawa to you" but yet do you learn, that cheating in life is the only way you'll survive, like in game, people cheat to win, and as i can see, you will get no where, you'll always be a little "dont cheat be respectful" ITS A NERD EAT NERD world in bnet.

What does it matter if Blizzard doesn't care? You're still breaking the rules, you're still ruining everyone's fun, and you're still being an idiot. Especially with maphack.

HORRAY IM RUIING EVERYONES FUN BY USING A PROGRAM TO HELP SPEED THE PROCESS. Shut up and get your facts straight mmkay. :emote_grin:

Level 8
Eggy, I've asked you several times not to randomly attack me. Your post is absolutely nothing but trying to discredit and bash every sentence of my post.

I'm going to report your post, and let the Admins and Mods deem what's necessary.

Level 6
Cry me a river, your getting offended by someone over the interwebz? Wow........selfesteem much?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Stop arguing or else you will be negitive repped. Blizard only cares if hack wc3 so via custom games ilegal contence like game system BIOS can be distributed or software. Also they do care about SPAM BOTS since they can upset people and even rein laddergames. Maphacks are only ilegal in melee since a lot of maps feture a built in map hack (reveal map) in which case it is not so bad, also it is usefull for testing maps online and I often use it to see how well a terane is done in multiplayer or to find players in crappy maps where you got a 1 in 1000 chance of finding them with out it. Custom kick is also good since it enables me to balences things like AOSes im testing so that the opposit team is the same size as mine or visa versa as to not influence my ballence repport, it also can help remove flamers or map hackers from your game to stop them ruining it. Spoof is also usefull since it enables you to use thoes stupid rigged commands that beginner map makers include in release versions of their maps like LOAP (I do not use it to test maps because there is no need). Auto refresher I DO NOT use since it causes people to drop with the constant spamming and anyway, a good name and connection is far better than any auto refresher can ever be.

My revision of the tools.
Maphack - helpfull, especialy for testing maps online since it allows you to fully see the map and what everyone is clicking to check for bugs, do not use in PvP maps since it is unfair.
Custom Kick - helpfull to keep PvP maps ballenced with all your modern droppers and can also remove flamers or map hackers from your game, do not abuse.
Spoof - Not very usefull, only good with some crappier maps or to get your own back at a vendictive flamming host who has banned or for Role Playing in non RP games.
Auto refresher - Not needed
Spam bot - ILLEGAL and annoying, do not use or DL.

Level 21
i think this "blizzard does not care" thing has been mis-interpreted. its not that blizzard doesnt care, i mean the EULA is made for a reason and by rights using something that breaks the EULA terms and conditions should result in a ban. however blizzard has slowed down on progress with wc3 and since wow has been released its full-time wc3 team has been reduced to very few. This means few updates and no real anti-cheat system. so while blizzard would love to ban all of you, it aint gunna happen because they dont have the man power. also im sure the personal opinoins of the blizzard crew is that they dont care so long as everyone has fun :)

Level 45
Eggy, if you were mature you would have shut your mouth or in this term, stopped typing.

Personally i think they are fine, but a person should moderate their games to get useful feedback and more insight.
And as for maphack, if you use it in custom games, then i ..just pity you..thats pathetic.
and for name spoofers, well its obvious who ever uses them is just a little kid wanting to look L33T.

and Eggy, games are about having a goodtime, not fricking winning. And when you cheat, you ruin the sole purpose of what the game was designed for.

Level 3
What I hate is when people join with the spoof "Open" and with the default color, I don't know where they are so I dunno where to refresh lol

Level 25
OH FOR EFFS SAKE, THIS IS THE LAST STRAW EGGY

You are THE most disruptive poster on this website. I have had it up to HERE with your bullshit and launching into a fight with every blasted post spawned from your fel mind. Enjoy whatever punishment we decide to inflict upon you

Autorefresh is a hack. It is a useless hack. Stop being such a lazy effer and do it yourself. Cry me a river about it taking too long, because you have no idea of the definition of "Too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.