• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Autocast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi there,

I have a little issue with auto cast. I have a spell based on heal. Caster is ground unit. Target is neutral ground mechanical worker.

Spell can be casted manualy, and then it is automaticly repeated on target. However, if I will turn on auto-cast, nothing happends. Could you please give me any possible reason of that situation?

Thanks a lot,
MajorKaza

Level 30
Ok, now I know. Heal does not heal a mechanical unit and in your case you are trying to autocast and heal a mechanical unit so that means it will never work. Maybe changing some of the targets allowed and maybe get a good result.

Level 9
Wrong, I'm betting that even if he allows heal to be cast onto any target the engine will still only autocast it onto units matching the default targeting types. However, the engine will also repeat cast heal onto any target that it is manually cast upon. This behaviour is hard coded.

This is correct for now. Target allowed is mechanical, and I am able to cast it manualy, but auto-cast not work.

Do you know any ability, that can I use instead of heal? Maybe repair, but won't it interfere with regular repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.