1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Auto-Refresher questions.

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by Skippster, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Skippster

Skippster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I noticed you guys have an auto-refresher on the site. I'm a bit... split, on it. I think that auto-refreshers are a great idea, but in all technicality, it is a third-party program. I've got nothing against them, but I've been wondering Blizzard's own stance on them? I've asked the same question on BNet's forums, and gotten two responses, one being that it will follow the same hacking chain - IP Ban, Account Ban, CD Key ban, so forth. And the other claimed that using auto-refreshers modify the Warcraft 3 Core MPQ files, and that using one would corrupt them, requiring a reinstallation. Any opinions on the program itself, or experiences with it, or references to BNet's own stance on them, would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    As auto-refresher is only usuable for custom games (I see no point why it should be used for melee) I say blizzard does not care. With custom games, nothing really matters much so I say blizzard can not be bothered to do anything.

I personally hate it though since it keeps spamming the chat with joins/leaves. Also I see no real benifit and infact, people using that program make it harder for people to join since often the game dissapears from the list totally as has happened to me a lot, maybe its because I am just "old fassioned" though.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  3. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    why there's no banlist in tools? :/

4. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think I submitted this tool. I like it and I am sure blizzard wont ban it. It's really helpful.
    Yeah I thought that too

5. Skippster

Skippster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the info guys, a lot more help here then B.Net's own forums. I agree with you guys, but unfortunately I had issues with the auto-refresher. It took a bit to get it to use the right port and whatnot, and it was refreshing, but after awhile (was just testing) the join/leave messages of them and of actual players were getting cut-off. Additionally, I was playing with a good friend of mine, and he said he kept being forcibly removed from the game (Like I was kicking him, but I wasn't.). It wasn't really important to me, I just try to play a map with 12 player slots, and everyone's always on Dota, so I almost never get a full game, or even a respectable amount of players. Doesn't help that me and my friend can win a 2 on 6 >_>. Anyway, back to the point. Thanks again for the info guys, happy Warcrafting.

6. Simpsons

Simpsons

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where is the tool? pls send a link to me, ty, Ralle

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Look at the top of the page, there is a link to the tools section.

Well here is the link anyway
    Tools

8. DesKaladA

DesKaladA

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ya the guy gives the source code and i am going to re right it
    make it look better and add some outher stuff to it (Kure)