• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto-Refresher questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I noticed you guys have an auto-refresher on the site. I'm a bit... split, on it. I think that auto-refreshers are a great idea, but in all technicality, it is a third-party program. I've got nothing against them, but I've been wondering Blizzard's own stance on them? I've asked the same question on BNet's forums, and gotten two responses, one being that it will follow the same hacking chain - IP Ban, Account Ban, CD Key ban, so forth. And the other claimed that using auto-refreshers modify the Warcraft 3 Core MPQ files, and that using one would corrupt them, requiring a reinstallation. Any opinions on the program itself, or experiences with it, or references to BNet's own stance on them, would be greatly appreciated.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As auto-refresher is only usuable for custom games (I see no point why it should be used for melee) I say blizzard does not care. With custom games, nothing really matters much so I say blizzard can not be bothered to do anything.

I personally hate it though since it keeps spamming the chat with joins/leaves. Also I see no real benifit and infact, people using that program make it harder for people to join since often the game dissapears from the list totally as has happened to me a lot, maybe its because I am just "old fassioned" though.

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I noticed you guys have an auto-refresher on the site. I'm a bit... split, on it. I think that auto-refreshers are a great idea, but in all technicality, it is a third-party program. I've got nothing against them, but I've been wondering Blizzard's own stance on them? I've asked the same question on BNet's forums, and gotten two responses, one being that it will follow the same hacking chain - IP Ban, Account Ban, CD Key ban, so forth. And the other claimed that using auto-refreshers modify the Warcraft 3 Core MPQ files, and that using one would corrupt them, requiring a reinstallation. Any opinions on the program itself, or experiences with it, or references to BNet's own stance on them, would be greatly appreciated.
I think I submitted this tool. I like it and I am sure blizzard wont ban it. It's really helpful.
As auto-refresher is only usuable for custom games (I see no point why it should be used for melee) I say blizzard does not care. With custom games, nothing really matters much so I say blizzard can not be bothered to do anything.
Yeah I thought that too

Level 1
Thanks for the info guys, a lot more help here then B.Net's own forums. I agree with you guys, but unfortunately I had issues with the auto-refresher. It took a bit to get it to use the right port and whatnot, and it was refreshing, but after awhile (was just testing) the join/leave messages of them and of actual players were getting cut-off. Additionally, I was playing with a good friend of mine, and he said he kept being forcibly removed from the game (Like I was kicking him, but I wasn't.). It wasn't really important to me, I just try to play a map with 12 player slots, and everyone's always on Dota, so I almost never get a full game, or even a respectable amount of players. Doesn't help that me and my friend can win a 2 on 6 >_>. Anyway, back to the point. Thanks again for the info guys, happy Warcrafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.