• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Auto-Cast have Unit or Point (AoE) Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware, no Autocast skill is AOE based, though they perhaps can be simulated with target dummy and some tricking for forcing the Autocast. This is quite annoying though and result in it's unusable outside of Autocast.

And what has been said before is true, channel can't be made Autocast and that's the MOST configurable spell existed in Warcraft 3. Though I haven't run tests myself, but as far as I'm aware, it's not possible making non Autocast spell an Autocast one.

Also, most Autocast are unit target (Heal, Inner Fire, Slow, Searing/Frost/Black Arrows, Faerie Fire, and so on).
Some don't have target, such as Raise Dead, Essence of Blight and Spirit Touch.

Level 10
What would an autocast ability with a point target do? To me, it doesn't make any sense. What is the condition when the ability will be cast?

Unit target is easier. You could base your autocast ability for example on curse with 0.01 duration, and create a dummy unit to cast your spell when the autocast ability is used.

Level 3
I've never heard of an atc ability with aoe but hmmm.... I know there's a targeted spell which has an aoe(the mouse pointer is targeted, but it affects nearby units). To get what I mean, take a look at Sven on Dota. His Stormbolt ability's a targeted spell but has an aoe after it lands on its target, so if you use that logic to that particular autocast ability, that might be possible but haven't tested it yet.

I'm not that sure, I'm just a Prinny T.T 7

Status
Not open for further replies.