• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Attacking Hotkeys HELP PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So.. Im creating this new star wars jedi knight campain on warcraft, and I was wondering if you could explain how you can have hotkeys for attacking. I have two types of attack, Slice and flurry. I have two animations (one for each attack) but i have no idea how to make it so that firstly, the hero cannot attack by itself. and secondly how to make the hero attack with "Attack" animation for one hotkey, and then for another hotkey "Attack 2" animation. If you could please help me i would be very greatfull. If you didnt get the first description i have made heres another one:

I need someone to tell me how to have it so that my hero cannot auto attack. and secondly my hero must be able to do a specific attack animation when the A key is pushed. I also need to change the hotkey for the Attack order to F. So to su it up what i want the outcome to be is:

-When the a key is pushed, or the Attack icon on the unit panal is clicked i want the unit to perform its Attack animation and then do damage to all enemies directly in front of him/ her then very small text will display how much damage was dealt.

If anyone can help rep and credits in map will be given.

Level 6
edit the hero to have no attack (normally) and cannot cause damage.
Then create 2 spells (based on a target spell that cause damage to the target for example fireball)change the 1st one's animation to attack1 and set its data, and the second spell's animation to attack2(also change the hotkeys).
thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.