• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack-moving AI units are attacking player units and allies???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I've got an old map that me and a buddy made years back (Like 2008 or something) that I recently thought to rework, it's pretty good but we weren't very good with the WE editor back then.

I changed the terrain and did some janitor work with hero revive triggers etc, not any big stuff, and when I tested the map later the AI controlled units (Allies and Enemies) would sometimes suddenly being attacking other player owned units or allies until either the attacker or the attacked unit dies.

The only attack order triggers are "unit enters region - attack-move to next region" type of triggers (They're really awful btw, not even any else if but one trigger for every player for every region...) so I'm 99% sure it's not the fault of any order issuing from triggers at least.

I've noticed that ranged units (especially spellcasters) do this more often (or maybe they're just easier to notice because of the projectiles) but I've observed melee units and even AI heroes killing their own allies and then continue like nothing happened...

I've tried searching for a topic like this to no avail and I've never heard of someone with a similar problem...

This map is old and wasn't made in the new gen WE unlike which I'm using now so maybe that messed it up something? Though I'm doubtful about that but it's basically all I can come up with...

Level 12
Solved, there were only triggers for hero abilities that had order attack target but apparently when I had removed some other things the conditions for the trigger had been disabled because of missing variables but the attack order still persisted which now affected all units because of the disabled condition...

Kind of silly really but I can't really blame anything besides myself not being thorough enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.