• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attachment System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey guys.
This question seems to be rather stupid, but I'm searching for a good up-to-date attachment system.
For sure Table is awesome, but it only supports integers.
There were HandleVars, ABC and so on before, but the ones of them I found aren't fixed now and I can't find a realy good one.
Two things left:
1) No, I don't want to write my own one. I bet there is an existing one I can use to keep the overall code for users as short as possible (regarding the aspect that they copy many spells which use the same systems, also from other authors). I mean, there MUST be one outside.
2) No, I don't want to write "holder-structs" for table -.- read 1) ;)

Greets, Justify

Level 13
Custom Value ist too restricted for spells, realy...
Then we got TimerUtils and Table while both only allow to store integers, awesome for structs but only for this.
Hashtable would mean to
1) use a Hashtable for each spell
2) create my own Hashtable system.
I want not to do both of them because I bet that there is a system that's used often.
If not, I'd do 2).
The problem is, that I have a spell that is already using TimerUtils for a struct part and is completly finished, but doesn't work because I wanted to store reals with Table.
I want to store the entire damage a unit took (in a period of time). I think it's senceless to create a new hashtable only for this, that's why I'm asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.