• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arthas

Made due to a popular demand. Not much to explain really.

Keywords:
Arthas, Menethil, Lich, King, Frostmourne, Lordaeron, Prince, Northrend, Scourge, Undead
Contents

Arthas (Model)

Arthas (Model)

Reviews
11:33, 25th Jan 2010 General Frank: Good alternate version of the Lich King. Approved.
Level 1
I facina this model but it's Arthas ecsajerado for warcraft 3 but since hases as good models could create an altar to the sylvan renegade and leave my msn has many questions I haser grasias eric [email protected]

Level 17
Could you make a version without his sword?
And then make his sword (from the fully armored model) and helmet as attachments? :p
So if i for example wanted both fully armored and one without helmet, i wouldnt have to import the model twice :p Would be nice :3

Level 17
this is the new version which Blizzard didnt make but they should have. thx its a horseless model! :D LOL. i like this new one wiithout the horse becouse the horse looks good but weird on campaing :D

This is suppost to be arthas from WoW you know, and it would be kinda weird if they made that when they were creating wc3, as wc3 is old like shit while Wrath of the Lich King isnt :p

Level 1
Strange???

When i succesfully imported the file and made it a model and placed the hero on the map, in worldedit a green cube apeard and ingame the u cant see the hero... u can click him but u cant see a thing ?????! Someone help please :[:sad: tried to restart worldedit to many times and double-checked all spots and corners of the upload >.<

Level 2
Best model ever 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/5

Level 4
I don't know what I'm doing wrong either!

Imported into through the Manager,
Changed the texture to just LichKing.blp
Didn't change any of the mdx's
Restarted WE, didn't work

Did thet same thing except, refreshed the map (by going from one back to the other).

I don't know what the hell... XD
Maybe you imported it, forgot, then cant import it again? Or maybe you already set the texture path for it therefore it wont set again... idk ^^

Level 17
All you have to do is import the files, set the paths to the mentioned ones.
Save the map.
Restart the editor.
And make a unit use the model.

That is all you have to do and there is nothing else into it.
This is just like any other model out there, its not like it just break all of a sudden. It is people that does it wrong.

Level 1
Its good, but Frostmourne is WAY to short and the glowing is to heavy. The blade is also to dark, otherwise its good. He looks alittle to wide, and the armor to big. But that doesnt matter.

Level 14
doesn't work.. says "could not load model.."

When i succesfully imported the file and made it a model and placed the hero on the map, in worldedit a green cube apeard and ingame the u cant see the hero... u can click him but u cant see a thing ?????! Someone help please :[:sad: tried to restart worldedit to many times and double-checked all spots and corners of the upload >.<

wow....cool model,but i cant load it...whats THE PROBLEM!!!!!.:ogre_rage:

Amazing! But I cant load this model, please repair it.

Guys,guys, just search for tutorials ,sheesh, Link : http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/models.php

Level 19
I don't know what I'm doing wrong either!

Imported into through the Manager,
Changed the texture to just LichKing.blp
Didn't change any of the mdx's
Restarted WE, didn't work

Did thet same thing except, refreshed the map (by going from one back to the other).

I don't know what the hell... XD

Well, as far as I know shouldn't you just do this:

Import the model(Arthas.mdx or something of the sort)

Change the folowing setting to this:

Art - Model File: ~Imported file~

Level 2
Arthas Menethil(Death Knight)

Is possible replace the normal Arthas Menethil(Death Knight) inside the war3.mpq file for this one, if it is, ¿can someone explain how???:goblin_wtf:

Level 2
Hi there, for whatever reason whenever I import this, everything works fine, except the head. Which is missing its texture or something, I can vaguely make out the frame of the head/hair, but its dark and looks missing.

Included a screenshot. Could someone please explain what might be the issue here?

EDIT: When viewing the model via the War3 Model Editor, it looks perfectly fine... No idea why it wont show up correctly in the World Editor or in-game. :/

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

since the model is able to be imported in the map not as a greenbox although with the wrong face texture, my guess is that you have a texture that override the default texture that the model use for the face which is units\Undead\EvilArthas\UndeadArthas.blp if you're not edit anything of the default model that you downloaded here.

if the model viewed fine in the model viewer but goes like that in the world editor, then the problem lies in the map or your world editor, not the model. or another possibillity that you have local files enabled and have a texture which is located in the same path as the texture that the model used.

Level 1
Sorry for being a tech noob, but how do I get the BLP file and hero button to work properly? I did as instructed, but in game the model window is black or kinda like a grey cloud. Also I don't know where or how to replace the hero buttons (the alive/dead button). The model itself works fine, and looks awesome

Level 3
Very cool. I like that you kept his head from the original game; there might be other models with higher detail but his face is very iconic to me and anything else just wouldn't be Arthas.