• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

arthas lich king problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
In the World Editor, click the Import Manager (1) button to start it.

You will see a blank table with some buttons. Click the "Import File" (2) button. A folder menu will appear, from which you select the file you want to import. Select the file and click "Open".

Now the file is in the table, marked. Double-click it and a menu will pop up.

You see a disabled (gray) field with "War3MapImported\File.omg" (5). (A file "File.omg" does not exist. I write it to show you that you can import any file with any extension.) Now under the field, you ca see a checkbox (4). It says "Use custom path"is unchecked by default. Check it to enable the field and modify the file path. This mysterious "path" is actually the value in the field (5), which records the file in a specific directory in the map. By typing the path, you define where exactly the directory is. The icons, models and skins here uploaded at the Hive have a custom path that you must type correctly so the file functions in game.

Here's an example. I have imported a Demoness model in my map. It is "Demoness.mdx". When I import it, the import manager gives it the path "War3MapImported\Demoness.mdx". I delete the "War3MapImported\" and change the path to "Demoness.mdx".

Hope I've helped, if not, I'm ready to do further.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 382
Level 12
OK, he helped you all you need with the import manager. Wait a minute... What skin are you using? Are you using a skin at all? Is it a model?
Do you think that the actuall arthas from frozen throne cinematic is going to be in the world editor?

Level 12
Are you even listening to what i am saying?

Put the path of the skin in the import. What model are you using?

THAT is a MODEL. Import all the things that come with it and insert the proper paths that is said on the link you just posted.

Level 2
i did that already

then what do you do

what link do i have to paste

i know how, it worked

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.