• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arena Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I was just curious if you think it would be possible, a good idea, or if you had the time to implement a command where you can talk to someone outside of the squires arena thing for class change that allowed you to enter the arena for a high price (like 5,000 gold) and fight off waves of monsters with maybe like 1-2 bosses scattered across the 'levels' you'd fight off. You would have to buy potions or w/e prior to going in and would have to see how long you could live for if you can beat all the waves. Possibly add rewards for completing it like get some arena gear or something that is slightly better for pvp. I think this could significantly add replay value to map and would implement some type of money sink into the game for those who grind a lot of gold.

A potential way to do this if you didn't want to occupy that arena is just copy the arena terrain 100% like 5-6 times but make the arena entrance at the same location so it will still be technically the same 'arena' for all characters but it would allow multiple people to do it at one time and still allow squires to do their quest. or you can just use the same arena with some kind of waiting feature if someone is already in it and wouldn't require any terraining just scripting and triggering.

Let me know what you guys think of the idea :]

EDIT: as for the bosses idea, you could even theoretically recycle old bosses like the first boss you'd fight could be the big bad wolf or something, but with no drops

Level 5
I like this Idea!

You can even expand it to say that you can have 1v1's and 3v3 team fights

put the arena entrance into the capital city or something. and after so many arena wins(counted by arena tokens?) you can trade them in for PVP gear(like a 3 piece pvp item set for each class)

Status
Not open for further replies.