• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Are the projects fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I just took a major bs exam for a course in one of my class's that was super unfair and went over stuff that wasn't covered.

Are the projects for the JASS Class fair? Do they ask way too much? Do you feel like you have no idea what you are doing when you try to solve them?

Please be honest ; ). They are meant to be very hard to develop problem solving skills, but they aren't meant to go into stuff that wasn't covered at all. I know that they do go into collections and data structures that weren't covered, but those are trying to be taught through the projects, to aid in remembering them and aid in problem solving.

Please let me know if you feel that it is unfair to require a data structure be used to solve a problem without covering the data structure or even hinting at it in the project =).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Personally they should give more guidance to a solution. You do not have to give them the solution but you must not expect them to invent a solution. The idea is to teach them basic programming and not test their programming capabilities.

For example, show them some of the patterns a solution may use so that they can see they exist. It is hard arriving at 3 from the numbers 2 and 1 unless you know you can add.

If you went over my assignment that I gave to you I couldn't actually seem to solve it properly without using the skills that I already have in programming..
I am not sure if it was quite fair to be honest as how many faults I had to go through as jass wasn't built with an easy solution to it. At-least on week #3. I'll go back through the previous ones some time as well again.

Status
Not open for further replies.