• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ArcaneBirth

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This was inspired by the Undead Birth model and can definitely be used to replace it in your maps. I would have to say that the most likely races to be able to use this birth animation would be the undead; blood elves, high elves, and naga with a summoning based build effect; and a race that I will try to eventually create. See the gif for the full animation, or view it in 3D.

Please credit me if this is used in your maps.

Edit Changelog:
  • The biggest issue for me was the lack of size scaling with particular buildings as shown in the gifs of what the model is supposed to do. After going off of a very helpful suggestion from another user, that bug was finally fixed. Any additional changes made are likely to be more fine tuning.
Previews
Contents

ArcaneBirth (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Simple yet very useful alternative for a building summoning model. Works in-game. Approved!
New build model! Cool.

For something like this, a full gif (closer in to the action) would be really ideal. In lieu of that, it would be very good to see a few more screenshots showing the full procession; it's hard to really figure out what I'm seeing with what you've shown so far.
I will definitely attach another gif soon for you. I would also suggest viewing in 3D as well.

New build model! Cool.

For something like this, a full gif (closer in to the action) would be really ideal. In lieu of that, it would be very good to see a few more screenshots showing the full procession; it's hard to really figure out what I'm seeing with what you've shown so far.
The close up gif has been editted into the bundle. While the model is mostly finished, I am likely to edit and refine it as much as I can

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Thanks!

Looking at a more closely now, I absolutely love what you've done with those blue runes; I can never get enough of those, and this is a very good place to use them.

If you're considering improvements, the only thing I can think of is a little bit more going on in the center where the structure will actually be: Undead have the green silhouette fading in, and the night elves had the magical Grove with Spirits all over it, but this one could maybe be said to be a little empty. (It's not a big deal, this is small upgrade for an already good model).

Thanks!

Looking at a more closely now, I absolutely love what you've done with those blue runes; I can never get enough of those, and this is a very good place to use them.
Thank you for the appreciation. That rune, spell-wise, has a couple of appearances in spells across RoC and TFT, which I believe to be in reference alone due to Dalaran, the city of mages. The only notable spells being Mass Teleport seen from the Archmage and Siphon Mana seen from the Blood Mage. Using the rune for this was for something else entirely. Both the Archmage and the Blood Mage in the campaigns in which they appear, have had some tie to Dalaran in some way. The Archmagi were notably the top leaders of Dalaran in many notable way besides magic. Blood Mages were likely survivors of Dalaran's destruction as well as people that survived Garithos' order to be executed.

If you're considering improvements, the only thing I can think of is a little bit more going on in the center where the structure will actually be: Undead have the green silhouette fading in, and the night elves had the magical Grove with Spirits all over it, but this one could maybe be said to be a little empty. (It's not a big deal, this is small upgrade for an already good model).
I was definitely considering adding a silhouette of a building fading in. My biggest concern right now is trying to make it to where the birth model also scales to meet the necessary xy dimensions of the building being produced.

Last edited: