• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arcade] Metal Slug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone played Metal Slug? It is the most awesome Run'n Gun shooting game in the world. It fills a pack of World War 2 parodies, awesome graphics and animations plus cool musics and stories and more stuffs.

Wikipedia said:
The gameplay of the series is characteristic of run and guns: The enemies come in hordes, the weapons have high fire rates. All of these characteristics come from the Contra series, which the gameplay is based on. Metal Slug however takes the concepts introduced in Contra and expands upon them. First and foremost is the ability to perform melee attacks. In most run and guns, contact with an enemy leads to immediate death. In this series, contact only results in either party's death if an attack is performed. This leads to the ability for the player to run in and use melee attacks to take down a number of troops. The second addition to the series is the use of vehicles, the eponymous slugs.

So get your hands on an arcade emulator with Metal Slug roms, or buy Metal Slug Anthology for your Wii or PSP or PS2, and play it. It's very fun. =)

Some screenshots from various Metal Slug games, taken from Wikipedia.
Mslug103.png
Mslug202.png
Mslug203.png

Metalslug6_ingame.jpg

Dan do you have an emulator for it?

Yes, the latest version of MAME32 (MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator). Since emulators are legal, I'll be nice to give you links to the emulator and the required BIOS:es to run arcade games.

http://mame32qa.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ (though you'll need a FilePlanet account to download it)
http://www.aep-emu.de/emus13.html (alternative link, scroll for MAME and choose the second Windows icon, wich is the more user-friendly MAME32)

http://users.acn.gr/lagakis/bk/files.htm (BIOS:es for the emulator, the neogeo.zip is required to play Metal Slug games and Kabuki Klash)

For the roms, Google is your best friend. =P

Step by step to make the games work:
DO NOT unzip the files. Put the zip files (roms and BIOS) in the "roms" folder.
Start up MAME32.
Click on File and then choose Audit all games.
Hopefully, the roms are good dumps and can be playable.

If you still need help, check on this tutorial:
http://www.fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/emuhelp_mame.htm#wheres_start

You might wanna configure the settings for the emulator to improve the sounds, screen resolution etc.

Hint: When playing, press Tab for more configurations (such as player controls and dipswitches).

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'm still considering getting the Anthology for the Wii, I really like this series.

Level 36
Metal Slug is an excellent, excellent arcade game.

You know my favourite old-style Run N' Gun, though?

A little gem for the SNES, Zombie's Ate My Neighbours. It's about as good as they get, and I love it more than any other of the classic games (pre N64).

There is a version of Metal Slug out for the Xbox... I happen to have it :) It's a great game.

Level 19

Has anyone played Metal Slug? It is the most awesome Run'n Gun shooting game in the world. It fills a pack of World War 2 parodies, awesome graphics and animations plus cool musics and stories and more stuffs.

So get your hands on an arcade emulator with Metal Slug roms, or buy Metal Slug Anthology for your Wii or PSP or PS2, and play it. It's very fun. =)

Some screenshots from various Metal Slug games, taken from Wikipedia.
Mslug103.png
Mslug202.png
Mslug203.png

Metalslug6_ingame.jpg

Yeah, I actually was half done making a mod for this very game with ChaosRaider, but it died miserably.

Level 2
Yes, very nice game I SPEND HOURS on psp whit my litle brother playin it but in the end CD burned or something and it dont works anymore T_T!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Driving in the Slug itself is good fun.

Also I played a new king of fighters game recently, and one of the characters from metal slug is in there:

meris_avancemi2_big5pe.jpg

Level 6
She's also one of the cheapest character's if you know how to use her >.> Fire machine gun from a distance, enemy jumps toss a grenade or molotiv cocktail, enemies get up close run past them dropping a grenade. It pisses off my friends when I use her, that or Billy Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.