• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

AOS Map Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok I want to make a small but very customized and balanced AOS, like TOB. I'd like to have a very small 2-3 man team to help me get triggers done maybe a few unique skins to the map. The real speciliasts i need is good ability triggerer, a just regular map triggerer and perhaps a skinner? Well either way unique thing about this map is that everything is going to be customized, with triggers i hope... I'm doing the terrain and editing all the units. To contact me (plz i feel lonely) just pm, post in this thread or IM me at Lemonaider99 for AIM. Plz help me if you can... :lol:

Level 2
ok well i was considering some features the other day and i came up with ths so far, instead making it small we'll try to make it somewhat big so we can fit maybe a few miniquests for special items. Heres the big thing i was thinking of; rather than the usual 4 lanes for the AOS i'm gonna try 5-6 lanes, but at the beggining of the map you will have a dialogue box come up and let you choose a type of tower, with 5 lanes for 5 players, each will choose a type of tower for their selected lane. There will be splash, fast but weak, slowing, etc. the only problem with this is that if it's a 3v3 games only three lanes would open unless some1 could come up with a long line of if/then/else triggers to fix that. Therefore giving base control to the players on the team. Then there's the triggered abilities and so on. Those who said they could help i'll contact you in the next few days.

Level 8
mmm doesnt sound very interesting to me mabey if it had more OMPH! ya know nice story like B&B to goobo companies fighting over manopoly and fighting each other by hiring heroes etc

Level 2
Ok I've come up with another idea, first off screw the whole 5-6 lane idea, we're going with 4. This will make it much easier to implant this idea. Anywho this is it. Every lane will have 2 "stations". These station provide your main base with more spawns, shops, and more towers; Therefor increasing your bases power. But before you can take it over one hero must stay in a specified area in the station for a certain amount of time and then all the goodies there will be under your bases control. Once you have control of 2-3 lanes you can continue on towards your oppenents base. All the statons will start out belonging to neutal hostile, using weaker towers and a few creeps that you must kill before you can get a safe area for heroes to come and take control of the stations. This will give the game some more length and a bit of a mixup, Just like rather than having expansions there are stations in there place. This will also give a chance to the team that may have noobs or is just falling behind a chance to comeback by taking over other uncontrolled areas.

Level 2
Meh, I'm not too sure about implenting this idea into the map but I'll explain it anyway. Ok bases will be the same kind of base as in every other AOS map, castle, towers, shops, barracks'. What my idea is there will be a "teleporting" spot in front of the base that the allied heroes can use to go "inside" the base. Inside of it will be powerup runes like, healing, speed, and mana recovery. But also in it will be a key unit that must be destroyed by the other team to win. However, outside the base will be two-four very powerful towers outside of it which must be destroyed in order for the opposing team to gain entrance into the base, whihc at this time the heroes will warp into the base and kill the special unit inside for the win. Like I said I'm not too sure about this one but it's worth a shot. Also in this post I'll explain the heroe's ability layout to a little more extent. There will be three four-leveld abilities, a two-leveled ultimate, a special weaker innate ability, and an ultimate ultimate for your last level ability. So the max level for heroes will be 15. The experience rate I'm thinking will be cut down to 34% of the regular rate, Increasing the game length and give to a more of a balancing to it so heroes to get to lvl 15 within the first 10 minutes of the game. I'm still of more features to put in the map but I'm starting to have problems thinking of things... If anyone wants to help contribute your welcome.

Level 2
Ok anyone helping on this project get ready to start editing I'm putting the finishing touches on the map. Next post I might describe all the heroes their stats, abilities, and specialties...maybe...

Level 2
Sry for the whole triple post thing but..ummm ya... :lol: Either way i just got a neat idea. Ok when you die a "ghost" unit will be spawned next to something called the spirit keeper in your base, tis spirit keeper offer 1 and 2 of the following options. You have the choice to either 1.revive instantly with full mana/health for an experience cost 2.revive instantly with 1/4 mana and health but a smaller experience cost 3.move your ghost unit to your dead heroes body and an ability will pop up saying "do you want to revive here?" and if selected you will revive in the place where the corpse is with 1/2 health and 1/4 mana for no experience cost.

Level 6
Freaking bish I wanted that ultimate ultimate thing for another map I stopped work on.

JK, but I really did.

Anyhow, I can help with everything that has to do with words except JASS. {I'm ok with triggers, objects, etc, excel in correction ;)}

Level 2
Ok good i needed someone who could do some triggering, so my first thought of some triggered abilties is for a siege hero all right, first is a shockwave which deals damage and anything it hits it moves bakward to it's ending point on the map. and the next is a warstomp which also pushes all units around the hero outward away from the caster. The third ability is just going to be an aura. The ultimate is going to be something called quicksand, so what it does is anything around the hero is going to be kind of swirled around him for a few seconds, jumbling the units all over the place then after say 3-4 seconds it stops and the units are stunned for maybe 2-3 seconds, and as it's level goes up the cooldown and mana cost also goes down. Then for it's ultimate ultimate, you won't need to do anything for it it's just going to be a buffed destruction ability that lets it deal 70% more damage to buildings. Then finally for the innate ability and special. The innate will just be the power to summon two somewhat weak quillboars? and the special ability will allow increase the heroes hitpoint regeneration rate by 2. Now to descrive the overall hero, It's main attribute will be strength by a longshot followed by average intel and very low agility. It's obviously going to be melee and it's model probably will be one of the tauren units unless I can find something better. So telefragged just get the ultimate and the other two abilities done and we have one hero. Also I ahve finished a BASE terrain, very plain, very simple, and will most commonly not be used in the final version I just need something to test with. Oh and also can anyone do model editing...?

Level 6
...Topic?

I can make a loading screen for you... but I need the topic. Just post it up and I'll make it for you in about 10-30 mins. If you post up a picture with high quality and want that to be the loading screen, it should take me about 5 mins. Anyways, I like making loading screens.
Just like post up a link here or something if you want it or tell me the topic. I can make loading screens as my specialty.

Level 6
Lemonaider said:
Ok good i needed someone who could do some triggering, so my first thought of some triggered abilties is for a siege hero all right, first is a shockwave which deals damage and anything it hits it moves bakward to it's ending point on the map. and the next is a warstomp which also pushes all units around the hero outward away from the caster. The third ability is just going to be an aura. The ultimate is going to be something called quicksand, so what it does is anything around the hero is going to be kind of swirled around him for a few seconds, jumbling the units all over the place then after say 3-4 seconds it stops and the units are stunned for maybe 2-3 seconds, and as it's level goes up the cooldown and mana cost also goes down. Then for it's ultimate ultimate, you won't need to do anything for it it's just going to be a buffed destruction ability that lets it deal 70% more damage to buildings. Then finally for the innate ability and special. The innate will just be the power to summon two somewhat weak quillboars? and the special ability will allow increase the heroes hitpoint regeneration rate by 2.

1. Shockwave can be found on so many spells in this site. {So you can just take one of them and give credit. No need for me to do it.}
2. stomp seems simple, I think I can do that.
3. Quicksand seems simple, I guess.

I hope you can wait a while though; it's my exam period so I may take up to some time to do this. {exam period but i go on the computer 3 hours out of 5 hours per day o_o}

Level 2
really the whole ghost idea is from WOW, I didn't get it because I would probably lose all that's left of my social life? Either way I got grounded... I got a 75 on my pre-algebra test and my parents flipped out so i'm gone for the next 1-3 weeks but i'll still be posting every so often because of computer class so telefragged if u can give an update every so often on what your doing that would be nice design one of your own heroes if you'd like until i get back and we'll prolly use it.

Level 6
Lemonaider said:
Siege Hero:
- Shockwave that knocksback (1st ability)
- A war stomp that stuns and knocks away units (2nd ability)
- An aura (third ability)
- Quicksand which swirls units around it and then stuns them (ultimate)
- +70% damage against buildings (ultimate ultimate)
- Innate ability to summon weak quillboars x 2
- +2 hp regen special move
- Base attribute str
- average int
- low agility

How come there's 2 innate? 1 innate and 1 special... :?

Level 2
Do you got all the hero ideas and map "theme" done? becouse if you don't I might help. I'm good at making up hero spells and heros (well I think I am). But I'm afraid that I'm not skilled in anything else.

Level 2
Ok well I'm back...for now...Ya sure I haven't finished all the heroes yet so contact me with your heroes and their abilities and We might use them

Level 2
Ok now for another hero I just thought of, this will be the siege hero for the other team, It's going to be a goblin machine war thingy mabob...Here are the abilities.
Ability #1 Intercept-This is kinda neat but may not be used, whenever a ranged attack or some kind of targeted spell is obviously targeted on the goblin a cluster missile model pops from the goblin's machine makes contact with the ranged attack model and nullifies any damage that would have been dealt, this will be a passive ability with a cooldown? like say lvl every 40 seconds it works then descrease by like integers of 6 each level so it works kinda like the spell-blocker item
Ability #2 Machine guns-This will just be a negative affecting healing spray with some neat special affects, no triggering needed here
Ability #3 Spike-Here's another neat one, this move is for running away, it's just like impale except it shoots a cone of the spikes from your heroes buttox, and deals more damage as the level goes up with a longer stun time
Ultimate Air Attack-Just a nice easy icon/tooltip change from locust swarm
Ultimate Ultimate Nuke-Sends down and immesnse missile on an AOE area that deals 300 damage, then after the nuke hits make a whole bunch of little flame strike models and a "blowing up" takes another 300 damage, and finally make some flame effect spawns and any1 in that area will take damage for 10 seconds with 30 damage a second. First two initial blasts hurt buildings.
Innate Spike Bike- Easy, summons 2 spike bikes that can burrow underground and any enemy unit that walks over them they blow up for 100 damage.

Level 2
ok instead of quciksand...well i'm hoping to get a fiery themed skin for this guy so how about this, set an area around the casting unit and make like little pumps of fire from the ground, using maybe little flame spawn or similair, and anyone hit by a pump takes 200 damage and lasts 30 seconds, affects only enemy ground units and heroes.

Level 2
ummmm.....well I wanted to try bloodelves and naga vs orc/goblins/ogres/trolls alliance like thinger...thing...
Oh and telefragged if you started on the second hero hopefully you didn't do too much cuz we're not using him, I designed a new caster hero here he is
Ability #1 Blink-This is different from the regualr blink, this randomly teleports the hero to a spot in a range of 600, and as level increases cooldown and mana cost lowers
Ability #2 Bitter Bomb-the Hero shoots out a ice ball or waeva, at a target, freezes it and does 150 damage at lvl 1 and then at 50 damage increments at ech level until lvl 4, and then make frost nova models pop up in a 300 size area for 5 seconds and freeze anything in that area
Ability #3 Eidolon-mirror image
Ultimate-Martyrdom Flame-Make the caster channel for 30 seconds (or whenever canceled) and for special effects make this, first make a steady stream of the rain of fire meteorite model fall on the caster then make the flame strike model where it's just green circles, in a steady stream around the caster and any unit ally or enemy in a 700 area to take 50 damage a second.
Ultimate Ultimate Immolation-A targeted spell which travels towards a unit or hero and deals 500 damage and makes a "lightning shield" ability around him except using the model of the red immolation
Innate Serpitine Regeneration-Any unit that the hero kills it instantly gains 30 hit points, this is simple even i can do this one

Level 6
Okay, exams are over.

Would you like Lava Storm to target all opponents or to just attack randomly?

And you don't mind if I change the name of a spell, I hope?

About bitter bomb... what increases at level 4 - 5? Or is that nova effect only activated at level 5?

Does Martyr hit heroes? Self?

Status
Not open for further replies.