• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anti Hack Map System by taolahien00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Anti HM version is made by themselves and feel good test should post up for everyone to see.

P/S: Anti HM only works when the pick similar dota general in the Tavern.

Keywords:
Anti Hack Map
Contents

Anti Map Hack System by taolahien00 (Map)

Reviews
14th Jan 2012 Bribe: Magtheridon96's proposal is a lot cleaner than this. This method doesn't work for much of the time. Sorry, this is not new information for us and doesn't provide enough utility to get approved. Please work on your grammar as well.

M

14th Jan 2012
Bribe: Magtheridon96's proposal is a lot cleaner than this. This method doesn't work for much of the time. Sorry, this is not new information for us and doesn't provide enough utility to get approved. Please work on your grammar as well.

Level 7
The coding is very simple and very predictable. Professional maphack makers can avoid this code in any way.

Level 7
If the player is fast enough to target enemies and at the same time the fog fades, the casting unit will be defeated and kicked out the game.

I'm sorry, but the best system I know that can detect Maphack is this
And even that can't detect it 100% of the time.

edit

What I'd recommend doing is allocating some space on the terrain and enabling fog of war in it.
If that region is visible, the player is using map-hack.

OR You can create a very large model, create some dummy unit with that model and set it's alpha to 0.
The maphacks that people use nowadays set the alpha of everything to 255. (I know because I've used
maphack before while playing DotA and saw that Broodmother's Web is much greener and more annoying
to look at :p)
So, a player using maphack would only see it and thus, his game is ruined ^_^
You mad maphackfags?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but the best system I know that can detect Maphack is this
And even that can't detect it 100% of the time.

edit

What I'd recommend doing is allocating some space on the terrain and enabling fog of war in it.
If that region is visible, the player is using map-hack.

OR You can create a very large model, create some dummy unit with that model and set it's alpha to 0.
The maphacks that people use nowadays set the alpha of everything to 255. (I know because I've used
maphack before while playing DotA and saw that Broodmother's Web is much greener and more annoying
to look at :p)
So, a player using maphack would only see it and thus, his game is ruined ^_^
You mad maphackfags?

Sorry to burst your bubble xD but units that are 100% transparent are still selectable as if they weren't.

Level 4
Yeah, the most epic idea ever...
Create model that can cover everything, place it in the center of the map with 100% transparency then maphackers can't see a damn thing =))

EDIT: Tested, it works ! Magtheridon, you're awesome :p.
If DotA uses this, we can play without the fear of map hackers.