• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Another small visual issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello there again. I've been working on a Hero and for the most part i've got him working as intended; it just so happens that the only mechanic that I can't seem to get working as I had hoped is a visual effect. Merely cosmetic.

I have been working on a Hero for my Hero Defense very similar to Rigwarl, the Bristleback from DotA. I won't go into much detail about this Hero since the ability itself shouldn't matter too much.

The problem i'm having is I have
  • FoK Visual Effect Copy Copy Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fan of Knives
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 18, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 [Dummy] General SFX for Neutral Hostile at (TempPoint offset by (Random real number between 400.00 and 500.00) towards (20.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 0.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
To make Fan of Knives (Which is merely a dummy spell used for SFX since the damage is applied through a trigger) missile SFX target 'dummy' units around the Hero; as I am trying to get the spell to look different than the Fan of Knives ability; which doesn't quite fit what I'm going for. Instead I'd prefer if it looked more similar to DotA2

tln9UUV.png

This method works perfect... Except for one issue. The SFX won't apply to units that are inside of the fog of war; which is deceptive and leaves the ability looking rather lopsided.

Does anyone happen to know a fix for this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.