• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Another problem has arisen:P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Im looking to Turn a hero spell into a charged item.. Anyone know how to go about this :) As well i posted the following in the wrong section, i seriously dont mean to repost this, but i dont think i can move it so im just going to copy and paste it <noob style :p> Now with this the actions have got me totally stumped. Maybe i can get help with this too and nail two birds with one stone. What i want to end up doing with this trigger is make it so that when a hero clicks on a hero, the hero he clicked on is the selected one he playes throughout the duration of the game

Hero Selection.

Events

Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit (GOT THIS PART)
Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Selects a unit
Player - Player 6 (Orange) Selects a unit

Conditions

(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red) (GOT THIS PART)

Actions

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)

If - Conditions (STUCK HERE BIGTIME :( )

HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 1

Then - Actions

If - Conditions

(Triggering unit) Equal to selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]

Then - Actions

Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering unit)) + has been chosen.)
Set HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 2
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) for (Triggering player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Set selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)

Else - Actions

Set HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 0

Else - Actions

If - Conditions

(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 0

Then - Actions

Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering unit)) + has been selected. Click again to choose.)
Set selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)
Set HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 1

Else - Actions

Thats what i have. Im stuck right at the top

Orc

Orc

Level 4
If you want a trigger that when a player selects a unit, he gets that unit he selected, then here:
  • Events
    • Player - Player X (Color) Selects a unit
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If / Then / Else
      • If Conditions
        • Owner of (Triggering unit) = Player 1
        • (Triggering unit) is A Hero = True
        • Number of units in (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching ((Matching unit) is A Hero Equal to True)) = 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to (Triggering player) Change color
        • Game - Display to (All players) for X seconds the text: <your text here>
      • Else - Actions
If you want a trigger that when a player selects a unit, he gets a unit of the same unit type, then here:
  • Events
    • Player - Player X (Color) Selects a unit
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If / Then / Else
      • If Conditions
        • Owner of (Triggering unit) = Player 1
        • (Triggering unit) is A Hero = True
        • Number of units in (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching ((Matching unit) is A Hero Equal to True)) = 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 <Your Hero here> for (Triggering player) at <Location here> facing 270.00 degrees
        • Game - Display to (All players) for X seconds the text: <Your text here>
      • Else - Actions

Level 9
Thankya kind sir. Easy to follow. Dont suppose you could show me how to me a hero spell Chargeable

I want to be able to buy holy light for 250 gold and be able to use it 5 times (level 1 spell)

Orc

Orc

Level 4
No problem.

Create a Holy Light spell.
Set is to these settings:
Stats - Hero Ability: [_] (False)
Stats - Item Ability: [x] (True)
Stats - Levels: 1
Stats - Mana cost: 0

Got the spell ready.

Now for the item.

Create an item (if you haven't already).
Abilities - Ability: <the Holy Light spell>
Stats - Actively Used: True
Stats - Cooldown Group: <the Holy Light spell>
Stats - Gold cost: 250
Stats - Number of Charges: 5
Stats - Perishable: True

Last edited:
Level 24
You may or may not want perishable to be true. If you have a problem with the item not running out of charges, it's that the perishable field is set to the wrong value.

Orc

Orc

Level 4
Whoops. Sorry, I thought I wrote it as True. Thanks for catching that.

Orc

Orc

Level 4
World Editor > F6 > Abilities > Ctrl + Shift + N > Find the ability you want, select it, and press OK.

Orc

Orc

Level 4
You don't see it? That's weird. Perhaps you need to reinstall the WE. Although in all honesty, I don't know if that will work. I've never encountered this problem.

No, the Abilities tab is hardcoded into the WE; you can't remove it.

Orc

Orc

Level 4
So you can't see the tabs circled in this picture?

Attachments

• Obj Ed.JPG
    Obj Ed.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 104
Level 9
Well now. That would be nice to have... i bet most of the problems i have now would be solved if i had frozen throne expansion :p HAHAHA ..!!! Crap. Well i have a question then.. i have a map started in the regular WE, Can i open it again when i install frozen throne?

K i had to edit this, is there anyway to make an item at your base appear... ok i really dont know how to word this. Example : (Upgrade castle) for <1200> Wait 320 seconds. (Upgrade Castle)for<1200> (this castle is even stronger) but with each upgrade it produces differnt types of units. Stronger ones. Possible or no?

Last edited:
Level 17
Yes, but once you've edited it with Frozen throne material only, there is no turning back to Reign of Chaos. Dunno why you would want to do that though? All Reign of Chaos features is in TFT, and if you want your game to be RoC, then you can just make a new map, or not convert the old into TFT.

Level 9
k but if i convert my map into a tft edited one, can i still play it on RoC? And another one for ya, is there anyway to make an item at your base appear... ok i really dont know how to word this. Example : (Upgrade castle) for <1200> Wait 320 seconds. (Upgrade Castle)for<1200> (this castle is even stronger) but with each upgrade it produces differnt types of units. Stronger ones. Possible or no?

Level 24
Maps with Frozen Throne content, including any custom abilities, will not run on Reign of Chaos, which terradont actually said just now.

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, you want to be able to purchase upgrades to the spawn-point building, right? I'm not sure how the triggers would go, but yes, it is possible.

Level 9
I understand what you are saying. But ive played a few custom made maps (on RoC)where the hero's were the same as the ones on tft. Uh, Its kinda hard to explain, for instance, one of the hero's from tft (spell breaker<custom made>), he has the vengeance ability,is on a RoC map - Hero Wars Distinct, its not a melee map. As well, on that map there is a charged item - holy light. But in order to edit that ability, you need to be able do it on tft. Am i missing the point? or is something else needed to do this, I cant show you the map, as it is locked, but if your on battle.net i could host it for you to show you :p.

Last edited:
Level 17
I do not know about that, but some tft maps can maybe be played with roc.

And i have 2 options which i believe that you may have meant.

#1 Every player has this base, is it possible to upgrade it to boost it as well as spawn better units?

#2 There is x number of teams, all with a bot player or one player that has the base. Is it possible for all players of that team to upgrade (blablabla) that base?

Is it any of these you meant? Otherwise, try to be more specific, cuz i know about the upgrade triggers pretty well, so i may be able to help you.

Level 24
RoC maps with TFT content have imported the TFT content with a third-party program. The spell was probably made using triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.