• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another Nuub Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Nuub: hey i need ur help
Darky: yes?
Nuub: well i downloaded some skins of that site and it wont let me use them i dont know how
Nuub: i need ur help please help me
Nuub: are u there?
Darky: yes?
Darky: have you asked the maker of the skin?
Nuub: no i tride useing all the skins i have no idea how to make thme work like i import them buts all i knwo
Darky: why ask me then?
Nuub: cus u posted something
Darky: i'm not the one who made the skin
Darky: always ask the person who did it first
Nuub: yea but u know how to import/use them
Darky: And?
Darky: I wont tell
Darky: because thats nuubstuff you can ask in the forums or read tutorials
Darky: i get asked HOW TO IMPORT crap every day
Darky: by around 20 people
Nuub: i did but it didnt help
Darky: I really DONT wanna answer those anymore
Darky: and i have a forum...
Darky: about skins
Darky: and i BET you never asked there
Nuub: well can u answer one simple question them?
Nuub: well i didnt knwo sorry
Nuub: do u need a sep program to make skins?
Darky: there a skin tutorial which answers all your questions
Nuub: and can i have ur forum thats all i ask and i will leave u alone i am sorry i didnt knw i am just tryin to become a better map maker
Nuub: it sucks though it dosent tell me anything i just wanted to know if there was a seporet program on makin skins
Nuub: we were all new to this once if someone asked me i would help them but if u dont want to help me i will respect your wishes and leave u alone thank you for your time.
Darky: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index2.php
Nuub: thank you
Darky: i help people.. but not with that easy stuff you can read in tutorials
Darky: especially if it get asked this 20 times a day
Darky: and people dont ask the cretors of the resource first
Nuub: i am sorry. i didnt realize that you did believe me i wouldnt have asked u then i understand totally
Nuub: then thing is though these dont help me they tell me about ppls problums but they dont tell me the answer thats all i need to know is do u need a sep program for making skins and if there is where can i get it then i will leave u alone i promis
Darky: all programs needed are on my page
Nuub: whats your page?
Darky: http://www.wc3sear.ch
Darky: i gave that one several time
Darky: why still ask what my page is?
Nuub: i am sorry i can make maps but when it comes to skins and importing them and useing them its like i am just learning to drive
Nuub: hmm i am sorry i cant seem to find the list of programs needed to make skins where is it on the page?
Nuub: i found this color changer thats it
Nuub: if u dont want to help me who do u know that will?
Darky: I already told you, that theres a Skinning forum
Darky: and you can ask there
Nuub: where do u i get warcraft 3 veiwer and paintshop please tell me then i will leave u alone u have my word
Darky: Have you ever looked at the "T O O L S" section on my page?
Nuub: ah shit man lol
Nuub: which one theres like 12 of them there
Nuub: it wont let me install the converter
Nuub: 3ds max® is not installed at this location. You must install the Warcraft III Art Tools in the same folder as 3dsmax.exe.
Nuub: whats that?

Level 12
From Noob to good to better !!

Tell you what, two months ago I felt equally as confused and frustrated as the "Noob" who you had that conversastion with.

So instead of being so negative rather be helpful and supportive, that way we can all get one step closer to the next step.

"Many Hands make light work" Ancient Text revised by DM (DarkMinnion)

Level 3
Re: From Noob to good to better !!

Darkminnion said:
Tell you what, two months ago I felt equally as confused and frustrated as the "Noob" who you had that conversation with.

So instead of being so negative rather be helpful and supportive, that way we can all get one step closer to the next step.

"Many Hands make light work" Ancient Text revised by DM (DarkMinnion)

I don't know what your problem is, but I bet it's hard to pronounce.

He was being everything but negative my friend. Did you read the conversation? Darky told him several times,"leave me alone, the forums can answer your question". The kid was being brattish, and annoying, like darky has the time to answer people's question 24/7. The kid was whining like a baby and wouldn't listen to darky's advice at all. He wanted darky to do it for him. It was clear that the kid had just found the site, and didn't even bother to look around and figure anything out.

As far as I'm concerned, you are a Grade-A dumbass. A dumbass who thinks that people should give a **** about other people's problems.

Recommendation for Darky: Change your aim, and only give it out to people you have talked to before/wish to talk to.

If you think I'm a jackass, congratulations, you're more preceptive that I thought.

Level 4
Damn noobs!

Hehehe well It seems that YOU ALL DID NOT CAME FROM A NOOB! EVERYBODY STARTS AS A NOOB! EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKE! NOBODY IS PERFECT! IF PEOPLE IS ASKING YOU A QUESTION, SAY IT POLITELY!

BULL$h1T!

Level 4
Ok then, the idea here is this person couldn't figure something out dispite a site link being givin to him. I must admit, i acted close to that when i was a newb (no noob nobb i think make it sound like newb+boob) but i did go to the site nd did manage to figure things out. Darky was being helpful to a degree, and if this wasn't a guy he knew and just poped up asking crap, i probly would've said, go day i don't know you go away. That aside, what really surprizes me is the fact that this newb semmed to change questions in mid-conversation. He started out asking something like - "how to import skins?" and then started asking about MAKEING skins. hahahah. And to top it all off, he ended with a statement realating to a modeling tool, an expensive one at that. That is if i read it right.... i think he mentioned 3dmax... i could be wrong. BTW- were those spelling mistakes actualy in your conversation, or added to make him look stupider?

Oh, and i forgot,

Zerofiles.EXE:whats RTFM stand for?

Level 2
Stop insulting him. We all used to not know **** when we first got WarCraft 3 and tried to do skins.
This is probably one of his first tries at skinning, and what did you do on your first try? Get it perfect and understand everything? I don't think so..

Level 10
RTFM probably means "Read The ****ing Manuel", I don't know...

Concerning this guy, I also was once a noob (like everyone), and I still often act like one, but if this guy wasn't able to find by himself on these forums the info needed to make what he wanted, then he probably shouldn't even try to open WE. Like Darky said (I think) : first try, then ask. I often help people when I can, even with seemingly stupid questions, but sometimes all the good will of the world is not enough.
I would however not have made such a conversation public, so evrybody can make fun of him ... (but well, RotD is soon coming out so I don't feel like criticizing Darky).

Level 25
Random fact: Not everyone starts as a n00b. Newb != n00b

N00b = Person who asks questions that already have an easy to find answer, or someone who is just stupid all the time on the net

Newb = New person... Need I say more?

Anywho, pity they bug you Darky <_<... Which reminds me... I'll need to bug you in a bit about a model that I need uploaded under the "Blizzard Entertainment" name

EDIT: And Sopho didn't read my post :roll:

Level 6
People makes mistakes, I remember when I didnt know how import nor what the common path names was, I remember when I didnt know how to skin, etc etc, but THIS takes the price(thats why its posted)!

Just a question- what happens when this person sees this? The reaction can be fatal. :roll:

Level 25
Well, I'm not too sure if the person knows how to get on the forums.

When I was a WC3 newb over at Campaing Creations BTW, I just asked one question about how to import things (It was when TFT was resonably new) and boom, I figured out the rest from there. Experimention > Just asking

Now speaking of just asking, I had better get RoC on the weekend, it'll give me a reason to uninstall WC3 and figure out why placing a Grunt always crashes World Editor....

Level 1
metalhead

laugh it up jackasses. you were all noobs once.shut the hell up. look at whats happening here covering up the fact that you suck.

Level 25
*sigh* EVER HEARD OF READING THE POSTS YOU STUPID AS*****?!?!?!?

I CLEARLY STATED WHAT A N00B AND A NEWB WERE!!! NOT EVERYONE STARTS AS A N00B!! N00BS ASK QUESTIONS THAT HAVE THE ANSWER RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!!! NEWBS ACTUALY EXPERIMENT FIRST THEN ASK!!!!! LEARN THE DIFFERENCE YOU SINGLE-POST-JUST-TO-PISS-US-OFF PERSON!!!!

JUST SO YOU GET THE PICTURE, I'LL POST IT HERE AGAIN SO IT JUST MIGHT SEEP INTO THAT MASS OF BRICK YOU CALL A BRAIN!!!!

N00b = Person who asks questions that already have an easy to find answer, or someone who is just stupid all the time on the net

Newb = New person... Need I say more?

GET THE FUDGING PICTURE?!?!?!? GOOD!!!!

Level 13
Old knowledge: Trying > Studying

One simple question: If we all were n00bs before, who showed us how to work with WE? Blizzard? No! Most of the experienced guys here learned everything by themselves. For example (I already said before :roll: ), I didn't have a I-Net connection. I HAD to learn everything by myself, there was no one I could ask.

btw Mecheon, although I'm your opinion :twisted: , plz watch your language :wink:

Level 6
It seems that Gurg and big_jo are noobs at reading others posts. :wink:

That is something we all where once! (Sarcasm) :p

Level 3
I see no reason for being mean to newbies :roll:
I mean everyone was a newbie once. I still am :oops: (only started this in late april this year). OK I never asked stupid questions (in fact I never asked AT ALL), but still...
Rather ignore the person or just throw him some links than being mean (that's my oppinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.