• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

anime models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Team Color Question

Not sure if anyones posted this before so, sorry if this is a repost. I have a model with a kickass skin, the problem is I wanna have the armor for the hero in different colors. But, the only way I've been able to do that is by making a copy of the model and recoloring every bit of armor for the copied skin. I was told once that its impossible to take the armor and just team color it all so I wont need to use copies of the model to have various colored armors and thus take up alot of valuable map space. Anyone know if this can be done and maybe someone who'd be willing to do it?

Level 4
i dont really..understand you..

do you mean you want to get teamcolour on certain parts of the skin?

Something like that. The skin has the hero in an armor, I wanna make the whole armor team colored so I dont have to reskin everytime I wanna change it's color.

Level 45
Just open it in gimp or some other program like photoshop or paintshop pro and add alpha and use low opacity on an area of the armour then set the opacity higher in the centre. I dunno if black makes it invis or white blah blah..

um..anyway..do u know how to alpha? and, does the model allow teamcolour(within the mdl settings and such) on the area you wish to alpha?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

This is a modeling issue, not texturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.