• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alphaing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
yes i looked in the turituals for this but there was nuthing help full

im using PSP and wondering how to alpha things out

P.S. PUT IT IN *NOOB* LANGUEGE PLZ ITS MY FIRST TIME SKINING

Level 15
Well, not all parts of a skin can be alphaed and frankly I've never used PSP so I'll give you the best advice I can.

On your layers box, there should be a subchannel labeled channel. To alpha, you need to create an alpha channel, then you can color in the spots that you want alphaed out. Keep in mind that not all spots on a skin can be alphaed.

If this doesn't work then simply erasa the parts of the skin so that there is absolutely nothing underneath. You may need to duplicate your background layer depending on what file format you are working with.

I would also like to point out that although there is no tutorial, this question has been asked countless times and you could have looked for an answer in an existing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.