• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alot of questions (aprox. 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi, im a newbie map maker and I have alot of questions for the World Editor. Ok here's the list of questions, most of these answer will probably have to do with trigger editor so pictures of the trigger menu would be nice.

1. Say I create a unit (just one) in a barrack or whatever but I want it to comes out as a squad of 9 men.

2. I want to click on one of my guy in the squad and the whole squad is selected how do I do it?

3. In the game World in Conflict, your infantries can garrison into building, cause the World in Conflict game Kofi_Banana made does it to how do I do that?

4. (This goes with #3) say I garrison a sniper in a building I wanna keep his sniper attack and dosen't do some other attack.

5. My map is income system based game and I want it to take a couple of seconds to capture special building (shopping center, Fountain, etc...), and after it's capture the income will increase when the turn end's, gonna need help figuring that out.

6. Wanna use special off-world abilities (Airstrike, spy sattelite etc..) how do I use it? Do I need to create a hero(general I guess) with those abilities on it or something like that?

7.I've imported a jet model to the map so when I cast Airstrike you will see the jet pass by and drop bombs on the enemy, but I don't want anyone controlling the jet so how do I do it?

8. I want to change the armor and weapon type names (like light armored to Airplane, Heavy to Heavy Armored and Medium to Light Armored etc..)

9. Say if I created upgrades, but I want it just for the squad and not the whole army how could I do it?

That's all the questions I could think of for now I will edit this soon with more questions (cause I didn't remember all of it.)

Last edited:
Level 21
1. You create a trigger. It would basically look like:
  • Events: A unit finishes training
  • Conditions: trained unit type equal to (footman - or anything for that matter)
  • Actions: Create 9 footman for (owner of trained unit) at (position of trained unit) facing 270°
Leaks a point though, make sure you fix it.

2. Would require some triggering too. I suggest you learn how to trigger and try figuring it out yourself. By the way, I've tried doing something like that and I succeeded at it, but it looked very ugly in GUI. If you want me to, I'll remake it in jass. As a matter of fact, doing something like that in GUI was very hard for me, jass made it a lot easier.

3. Use the "Orc Burrow" ability. Basically, in WiC it's just the same what happens if you put 4 peons in an orc burrow.

4. Not sure if it's possible. And if it is, it will require some advanced tricks which probably will be a bit ugly.

5. Ok.

6. If you want to imitate the way WiC did it, then yes, simply create a "general" hero, add the abilities you wish (for spy satellite, a modified "far sight" will do fine), and that's about it?

7. Ok.

Level 5
for #5 set all your cappable buildings to an unused special, eg: Town Hall, Mechanical, Giant. then use a trigger like this

• Conquer TH
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacked unit) is A town-hall-type unit) Equal to True
      • ((Attacked unit) is A structure) Equal to True
      • (Life of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to 500.00
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 2 (Blue) and Change color
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 3 (Teal) and Change color
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 4 (Purple) and Change color
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 5 (Yellow) and Change color
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 6 (Orange) and Change color
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 7 (Green) and Change color
                                • Else - Actions
                                    • If - Conditions
                                      • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 8 (Pink)
                                    • Then - Actions
                                      • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 8 (Pink) and Change color
                                    • Else - Actions
                                        • If - Conditions
                                          • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
                                        • Then - Actions
                                          • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 9 (Gray) and Change color
                                        • Else - Actions
                                            • If - Conditions
                                              • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 10 (Light Blue)
                                            • Then - Actions
                                              • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 10 (Light Blue) and Change color
                                            • Else - Actions
                                                • If - Conditions
                                                  • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
                                                • Then - Actions
                                                  • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 11 (Dark Green) and Change color
                                                • Else - Actions
                                                    • If - Conditions
                                                      • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
                                                    • Then - Actions
                                                      • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
                                                    • Else - Actions
                                                      • Do nothing
      • Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to 100.00%
The thing with this is that if the attacker is the current owner when the building is damaged below 500hp, it will be restored, but that can be fixed with just adding a few extra conditions

For #7 give the jet the 'Locust' ability. This will render it unselectable

For #8 Go into Game Interface, located under Advanced. scroll down to Text - General - 'Type:

It has a list of all the names, if you stop scrolling further back up it has all the attack and armor type tooltips, and at the very top the icons are editable as well.

Level 11
1. You create a trigger. It would basically look like:

2. Would require some triggering too. I suggest you learn how to trigger and try figuring it out yourself. By the way, I've tried doing something like that and I succeeded at it, but it looked very ugly in GUI. If you want me to, I'll remake it in jass. As a matter of fact, doing something like that in GUI was very hard for me, jass made it a lot easier.

That would be nice besides I heard that JASS is better than GUI and alot easier to do, I know people will be irritaded by click and drag and select only 12 units at a time to charge at the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.