• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Allied seperate forces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey I just joined this site after seeing a bunch of people getting help just searching google and I have looked all over but can't find an easy fix to this situation.

Im making a zombie map with 3 seperate squads. I have them listed as 3 different forces;

Special Unit Alpha
Special Unit Bravo
Special Unit Delta

I need all of these forces to be allied with one another but I can't figure out how to do it; when I launch it right now it assumes that all of these forces are opposing one another.

I also have 2 other forces in the map..

S.O.U.R. Corps (needs to be allied with the ones above)

and ..

The Unknown (needs to be enemy to all other forces)

If there is a thread out there for this, can someone direct me please? I used the search and didn't find anything. Please help me guys my map depends on this fix!

-L

Level 6
Scenario>Player Properties set each team to its race. Then goto forces and add the allied teams to force 1, make another force for the enemy and put the enemy team there. Go back to each of the forces and check allied and/or the other needed options on the right.
Now each force acts as allies and treats all other forces as enemies.

Level 6
Nothe forces work fine, but if you really dont like it that way use the following trigger and modify it to your needs.

• spell
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally
      • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally
      • Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally

Level 2
It took alot of Player - Make Player ** treat Player ** as an Ally statements but it did work! Here is a screenshot of my finished trigger for anyone in the future with the same problem http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/225/screenshotworldedit.png/

Thanks for the help!

On a quick note:
In the screenshot you will see how some of my allied statements have 'share vision' and some do not. In my map, you will have shared vision with the other two people in your unit. Since there are 4 forces total, with 10 players (one computer) it took me quite a bit to get everything allied. I hope/don't think that I missed any.

Again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.