• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Alliance System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How can i make an alliance system? I can do this by now but i don't know what steps are to be taken! (Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -ally as A substring)(Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision)
Ignore the "(" ")"
Best if you could send me a link...

Level 4
The simplest way (longest and most triggers) is doing something like this

Events
Player red types -ally blue
Player green types -ally blue
Player yellow types -ally blue
Player orange types -ally blue
Player teal types -ally blue

Actions
set triggering player as ally of blue

Super Simple, only need 2 triggers per player, one for ally and unally. Just a lot of events to proc the trigger. Its possible to do that substring stuff, but it can get a little complicated imo and its easier to do it this way, not shorter tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.