• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alert from unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
When i am off screen looking at other things.. Ally units that are under attack will send a sound out "Ally is under attack" and sets the spacebar point to that last attacked point. Is there a way to disable this?

As far as I know, this noise never triggers under silent kill conditions (I've been testing this, but I'm not certain), or under triggered kill conditions. Not sure how to outright disable it, but that might help.

If you want to have a stealthy unit that kills without giving the 'alert', make it use silent kills.

Level 9
That is something new to me. +Rep! I guess i have to change all units to silent kills. The reason i want the alert to be off is because like in my map, i am doing a 3rd person RPG. If ally is under attack, and i activate a spell with space bar, it will jump to the last attacked (alert) position which is annoying.

Level 5
That is something new to me. +Rep! I guess i have to change all units to silent kills. The reason i want the alert to be off is because like in my map, i am doing a 3rd person RPG. If ally is under attack, and i activate a spell with space bar, it will jump to the last attacked (alert) position which is annoying.

Happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.