• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Aleria Orgins ALPHA

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Play as Aleria through a small part of Uniual. Fight against Aexear humans, bandits and the Dar'Rath orchish forces. Looking for more Alpha testers please spread this and please message me on youtube: NavyNukerz1337 or Hotmail: [email protected] .Aleria is getting huge nerf dont worry.

Keywords:
Solo, Aleria, Campaign
Contents

Aleria Orgins ALPHA (Map)

Reviews
10:33, 8th Aug 2013 Orcnet: comment
Level 20
Firstly, the terrain is boring and plain. I suggest reading some good tutorials about terraining. (Example this: Link). Also, tile-wise, use more tiles that fit with the map theme and don't forget about the doodads that symbolizes destruction ('cause isn't that what your map theme is?). The building's hp are still on 100% even there's a fire, to make it more realistic, kindly reduce it's current hit points (or make their hit points reduce over time by using negative hp regeneration [Hold Shift then double click to make it possible]). The entire map size (not file size) is kinda huge compare to the playable map only, maybe decrease it?

Well, there's currently no plot/story explaining why the 2 races are fighting for each other. Who is Aleria? Who are those orcs and those humans? Adding atleast a short lore won't hurt :)

Your hive description also is lacking. I suggest using VK's description generator: Link for much easier to use.

Overall, for now, your map needs a lot of work before getting approve, tho pretty nice for your first submitted map. You could try reading some couple of tutorials here: Link. Also please do not re-upload the same map, instead use the Update button at the top-right corner of your map if you wish to update it. Well happy map making!
Brotip: You could add the 'Invulnerable' ability to those scout towers so they won't get attacked by the enemies.

Level 2
This is an alpha and i will be working on it a lot. Aleria you will find out who she is and there be at least 40+ cut scenes, more advanced modding and lot more than a little bit of lore. The summary of it is that Aleria she is defending her small home town from bandits and the Dar'Rath orcs which are commanded by the Dar'Rath Order including 12 seers,wizards,warriors,military leaders. Which the orcs start to attack aexear's biggest city in a well executed plan cutting the hierarchy from the rest of the city. But their second plan was destroyed by aleria (the Strongholds in the east). That plan was to build a separate base and assault the biggest city from the front. The other aexear city is very weak because all of its men were sent to attack orchish strongholds. The aexear i have not really completed their story. The aexear and the Dar'Rath are fighting because of a familiarity which in final version will answer that. Btw How do you make npc give extra xp like aexear i want him to give like 3 levels. I will also put more units in. Ps: how was the diffuculty at beginning middle end. :) Thx for the advice

Hello Author, please use Map Development for Alpha maps. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/beta-rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/ says :
Work in progress (WIP) maps are not allowed especially ALPHA stages, the map needs to be at least in BETA or complete release.
ALPHAs, WIPs, "teasers/trailers", etc. can be posted in Map Development.
Furthermore, do not upload maps and use it as a request thread. If you want a user to add something to your map for you (system, etc.), then please make a thread in WEHZ.

Level 20
Advanced -> Modify Tileset for the city tile terrain that you want.

For the spawn, you need to make 1 region (Press R to go to the Region Palette) and a trigger for that:
  • Spawn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
P.S Yes I know it leaks, but for the sake of simplicity.
P.P.S Daffa will start commenting about my leak next to this post xD

Level 30
Level 20
Firstly go to Trigger Editor by pressing F4 or by clicking the giant a button above.
attachment.php

Then click the New Trigger button above (or press CTRL + T) to create a new trigger function.
attachment.php

After that, create a new Event by pressing the Flag button (or by pressing CTRL + E on your keyboard).
attachment.php

Next, locate and find the Time - Periodic Event function then press it and set your own periodic timer.
attachment.php

Lastly, create a new action by pressing CTRL + R or through the Clip icon above, then find the Unit - Create Unit Facing Angle action and set your own function calls there.

attachment.php

You're now done, of course be sure to make a region in where you want the units to spawn then set it to the action earlier. Well good luck and happy map making!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Step01.jpg
    Step01.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Step02.jpg
    Step02.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Step03.jpg
    Step03.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Step04.jpg