• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Air Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
ive seen on like escape extreme and over things where as item or abilite they call a helicopter or jet and it drops bombs in order for a short period of time like * * * * * <-- Bombs how would you do that . right now i have a raptor model and i want it so when you clcik the item or ablitle it calls the jet and it comes down like out of the sky and drops a few bombs then goes back up then dissapers. how would i do that cause i have no clue

Level 5
step one would be make that unit and give it that model. set movement to flying with a fly hight etc. also mess with the shadow cus you can give a better flying illusion if the shadow isnt right under him.

next would be make you dummy skill (just a skill that has no effects but lets you pick a unit/location to cast it on)

make the spell with triggers: create a dummy unit (if u dont know what it is, search it) with your model offset like 2000 to the right of targeted point. order him to move to 2000 left of your point, and then after x seconds when he would be overhead do the bomb effects and damage via triggers. someone may be able to help you with that. if i get some time ill try and write some triggers for you but mine will probably be GUI (and as such wont accept multiple user)

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.