• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Adding models/skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I know this is a n00by question but how do you add custom skins/models to your map? i downloaded the ninja model, and i really want to use it. If any one can help, then thx

Edit: if you could, plz could you give me a step by step walkthrough, and anyprograms used and where to get them... thx :)

Level 13
Here's what you do:

1) Import the model using the World Editor's Import Manager.
2) Change the file path to the one specified on the page you downloaded it from by right-clicking the imported file, clicking Modify File Properties, and changing the path.
3) Specify which unit should have the model in the Object Editor under Art - Model.

Level 2
i tried that... the file i downloaded was the ninja, which is a model and a skin. I changed the path so that they were as they were ment to be, and i changed the .mdl file to the same address, except with .mdl instead of .blp. Does it matter which unit i use?

Level 2
oz02 said:
2) Change the file path to the one specified on the page you downloaded it from by right-clicking the imported file, clicking Modify File Properties, and changing the path
Umm... Don't quite get step 2 :oops:

Level 2
i cant get the editor to use .mdx extension! when ever i put units\creeps\ninja\ninja.mdx it returns it as .mdl!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? :'(

Level 2
mogmiester said:
i cant get the editor to use .mdx extension! when ever i put units\creeps\ninja\ninja.mdx it returns it as .mdl!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? :'(

I had the same thing! But I use a butterfly skin. But it also makes it .mdl :(

Level 2
1)import the mdx files.
2)import the blp files.
3)Rename the blp file to: Units\Creeps\Ninja\Ninja.blp

4)Save the map, and so you can use your ninja file.

Level 3
hi

hi, im kinda new and i dont know how to change my units skin also. i got some questions..

do i have to unzip the files into a specific file or something?

can someone just post a map as an example of how to do this or cant you do that?

Level 3
i assume your using the ninja model like you said ok.

after you import the files, rename the MDX file "ninja.mdx" and the other file "Units\Creeps\ninja\Ninja.blp"

after you do that, save your map then quit the world editor

now load up the editor and your map and you can use the ninja model now.

Level 1
Ok I can see how to get a ninja but I'm trying to get a Tech Knight/hunter and what you said doesn't seem to work. I followed your instructions to the letter and I get nothing :evil: . HELP ME OUT HERE!!!

Level 4
oh my god -.- i am going to make a TUTORIAL POST FOR IMPorTING, THIS Is REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

fo that model it comes with 2 skins right? so, impor them both, then change the "warcraft3imported\TechKnight.blp" path to "TechKnight.blp" and change the "warcraft3imported\BeamBlade.blp" to "BeamBlade.blp" save it, then reboot WE.... THERE IT SHOULD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Level 2
models

I found out how to put models into the WE...

the ppl that posted up guidelines arent specific enough... this is how to do it:

create a new unit... any unit. then rename it the model that u want. after, go to the import manager and import ALL the files in the models folder. for each file, remove the wc3imported\(im too lazy to check what the name is exactly) in the paths.
go to your created unit, go to the "art-model file" and click on imported. your file should be on the list. click your file, save map, restart WE and open your map. The model should be under the new unit u saved it as. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.