• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding custom script into .j file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ive had a look trying to do a search on this but haven't found an answer yet.

Question regarding moving GUI triggers over to a .j file. Ok so I've created some very basic GUI triggers to run a test once I created those triggers I then opened my map in MPQ Editor and copied them (to my understanding they are in JASS format in the .j file of an MPQ?) once they were copied I pasted them into my other maps .j file and tried to test them out in game but neither the "type test" trigger or the "defeated building" trigger worked where as they worked when they were in the GUI trigger editor in World Editor and I tested it. (note this other map is just a copy of the original one I was working on.)

I hope I have worded this easy enough to understand..

So, why wont the new triggers work when copied from one map to another map in essentially the same setting?

Photos of the triggers and the .j file added.

Any help is appreciated. Thankyou.

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 27
  • help2.png
    help2.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 20
  • help3.png
    help3.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 19
  • war3map.j
    313.6 KB · Views: 23

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
In JASS "STRINGSTR_2214" and similars are the string values stored in war3map.wts of a map. Your map might have those values, but the other map doesn't have, because it is only registered when you use GUI. You would have to modify and write the text manually "Minas Tirith 0011 <gen>" is among the lines of the variable:
JASS:
gg_unit_rawcode_0011
Does the map you're working on has this variable? If not, then it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.