1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Adding Attack Power to heros from tomes

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by SlAyEr_oF_GoDs, Mar 1, 2007.

1. SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

Resources:
    Resources:
    For those who played Herocraft games, which are good games, i have a problem from the next gen style of "herocraft" called War of the Custom Heros (i know trying to work on the name) my problem is towards the attack damage that heros do.

What i'm trying to do is, From when you buy tomes you add damage towards your hero, but i dont know how do that, i thought it didn't have anything to do with triggers, just had to use power up items, just like the tomes. but it doesnt want to do so i need to know how to add damage towards the hero you've created by using triggers.

If you need any extra info of my problem, i'll be glad to answer them

2. NiKaNoRoU_GR

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't have to play the map to answer your questio, which is simple.

If you want to make a Tome of Damage, add in the item ability values the damage bonus (which is used to items such as Claws of Attack) and it's ok.

3. SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

Resources:
    Resources:
    it didnt work out right, and i've tried other ways of doing it. and it still doesnt want to work.

what am i doing wrong?

4. Avatar-Conan

Resources:
    Resources:
    course his idea didn't work. if you add the bonus damage ability to the tome that tome will be used instantly, thus the ability will be gone wit it. if you wanna add damage there are three ways i know of.

1) use the grunt's upgrade to add base damage to your hero's attack
    2) add in upgrades like when used in melee games to upgrade units weapons
    3) Make a trigger where the ability of the claws are added to the hero

there are other ways to make it possible as well just gotta think of it

5. Herio-san

Herio-san

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just write a trigger
    Event: Item (unit aquires an item)
    Conditions: Item (type of item being manipulated) equal to Tome of Damage
    Actions:
    Unit - set damage of (triggering unit) = Unit damage (triggering unit + 50)

Something like that (note: this isnt exact because im not looking at WE)

6. NiKaNoRoU_GR

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Resources:
    Resources:
    What he said, plus that you need the item being manipulated to have no added effects at all.

7. SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

Resources:
    Resources:
    the action trigger is a pain to find since there is only 2 types of damage. Damage area and Damage Target both under unit.

but i'm going to try and find a way to do so. may not find it but i think i will

8. Herio-san

Herio-san

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah. You dont set it to damage a unit. You set it to increase the damage of the unit.

9. SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

Resources:
    Resources:
    I feel so newbish right now.

i found the one item i was looking for, and guess where it was... items

and its says it all "Item Permanent Damage Gain" so i'm going to tell you right now. i wasnt aware of the fact of this since i thought it was a trigger. talk about ironic :bored: