• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Attack Power to heros from tomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
For those who played Herocraft games, which are good games, i have a problem from the next gen style of "herocraft" called War of the Custom Heros (i know trying to work on the name) my problem is towards the attack damage that heros do.

What i'm trying to do is, From when you buy tomes you add damage towards your hero, but i dont know how do that, i thought it didn't have anything to do with triggers, just had to use power up items, just like the tomes. but it doesnt want to do so i need to know how to add damage towards the hero you've created by using triggers.

If you need any extra info of my problem, i'll be glad to answer them

Level 4
I don't have to play the map to answer your questio, which is simple.

If you want to make a Tome of Damage, add in the item ability values the damage bonus (which is used to items such as Claws of Attack) and it's ok.

Level 2
you want to make a Tome of Damage, add in the item ability values the damage bonus (which is used to items such as Claws of Attack) and it's ok.

it didnt work out right, and i've tried other ways of doing it. and it still doesnt want to work.

what am i doing wrong?

Level 3
course his idea didn't work. if you add the bonus damage ability to the tome that tome will be used instantly, thus the ability will be gone wit it. if you wanna add damage there are three ways i know of.

1) use the grunt's upgrade to add base damage to your hero's attack
2) add in upgrades like when used in melee games to upgrade units weapons
3) Make a trigger where the ability of the claws are added to the hero

there are other ways to make it possible as well just gotta think of it

Level 13
Just write a trigger
Event: Item (unit aquires an item)
Conditions: Item (type of item being manipulated) equal to Tome of Damage
Actions:
Unit - set damage of (triggering unit) = Unit damage (triggering unit + 50)

Something like that (note: this isnt exact because im not looking at WE)

Level 4
Just write a trigger
Event: Item (unit aquires an item)
Conditions: Item (type of item being manipulated) equal to Tome of Damage
Actions:
Unit - set damage of (triggering unit) = Unit damage (triggering unit + 50)

Something like that (note: this isnt exact because im not looking at WE)

What he said, plus that you need the item being manipulated to have no added effects at all.

Level 2
the action trigger is a pain to find since there is only 2 types of damage. Damage area and Damage Target both under unit.

but i'm going to try and find a way to do so. may not find it but i think i will

Level 2
I feel so newbish right now.

i found the one item i was looking for, and guess where it was... items

and its says it all "Item Permanent Damage Gain" so i'm going to tell you right now. i wasnt aware of the fact of this since i thought it was a trigger. talk about ironic :bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.