1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Adding another player

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Matt V., Aug 12, 2019.

1. Matt V.

Matt V.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, I have an issue of adding second player to the game. When I do add second player and try to save- I get this message from JassHelper-
    Line 877: Function redeclared: CreateUnitsForPlayer4
    Line 499: ----Previous declaration.

I believe this is pretty simple compared to things you solve here, so I bet it'll be an easy task to solve for most of you.. not for me though :(
    However, if I don't add player 4 in player properties, I can safely save and exit and play the map without a problem.. also works like that if I remove all units of player 4 but keep him there in the player properties.
    Also, player 2 and 3 are AI, and it works perfectly to add/delete them. It's just the goddamn player thing.

I'm pretty n00b at this, so apologies if there is just some simple mistake.
    I really hope you can help me, because I have done everything in the map, this was one of the last things I've done in the edit. By the way I have added everyone in the forces, in case that's what you need to know.
    Thanks for your help and tolerance,
    Matt.

UPDATE- I have played with this myself a bit, and funnily enough, all I had to do was to change player 5 for player 8.. and then it worked without a single problem. I dont know how, but it did. So feel free to tell me the reason why it didn't work, because im very curious about this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You will need to explain how to recreate this. Such as provide a demonstration map which one can apply some sequence of operations to in order to produce the error. This information could then be forwarded to William and hopefully added as a tracked bug.