• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding another player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello, I have an issue of adding second player to the game. When I do add second player and try to save- I get this message from JassHelper-
Line 877: Function redeclared: CreateUnitsForPlayer4
Line 499: ----Previous declaration.

I believe this is pretty simple compared to things you solve here, so I bet it'll be an easy task to solve for most of you.. not for me though :(
However, if I don't add player 4 in player properties, I can safely save and exit and play the map without a problem.. also works like that if I remove all units of player 4 but keep him there in the player properties.
Also, player 2 and 3 are AI, and it works perfectly to add/delete them. It's just the goddamn player thing.

I'm pretty n00b at this, so apologies if there is just some simple mistake.
I really hope you can help me, because I have done everything in the map, this was one of the last things I've done in the edit. By the way I have added everyone in the forces, in case that's what you need to know.
Thanks for your help and tolerance,
Matt.

UPDATE- I have played with this myself a bit, and funnily enough, all I had to do was to change player 5 for player 8.. and then it worked without a single problem. I dont know how, but it did. So feel free to tell me the reason why it didn't work, because im very curious about this.

Attachments

• Line 499.png
    Line 499.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Line 877.png
    Line 877.png
    17 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.