• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

About the save/load system of Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I decided to add just one more post today that should help expain what we have for a save/load system. The Save/Load system used Game Caches, which will only save on your PC as far as I know, it is difficult to move your saved file to another PC.

In the game, players used to have to save the game manually. But thanks to Saitek009, the game saves automatically ever two to three minutes. The game also saves and exits to the Main-Menu if you type: -quit

To load an already saved game is a bit more of a complex process; or so it seems, to many testers. But it's really quite simple really. When you enter the "Play Now" option at the Main-Menu, there will be three commands you can type: -new ; -loadslot1,2, or 3. When you load a character of a slot, it loads it automatically. Some find this is complex, why? I have no idea.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.